Honey Soy Ginger Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms. Great recipe for Honey Soy Ginger Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms. Using basic ingredients to come up with home-cooked lunch. Ginger, soy sauce and honey are great when married together as it is sweet, salty.and has a little bit of a twang from the ginger. lol.
Working fast, add vinegar, brown sugar, and fish sauce mixture to chicken and take off the heat. In a small bowl combine the onion, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and honey; mix together and spoon mixture over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and ginger; set aside. You can make Honey Soy Ginger Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Honey Soy Ginger Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms
- You need of Chicken breasts, cubed.
- You need of [Marinade].
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato sauce/ketchup.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of chicken seasoning.
- Prepare half of lemon juice (tenderizing the chicken).
- It’s 1/2 inch of ginger, minced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of [To Cook].
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped button mushroom.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of dark soy sauce (optional – for color only).
- You need to taste of salt, soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of corn flour + 1 tbsp water.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth/water.
- You need of sesame seeds (optional).
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. For a gluten-free version, be sure to use gluten-free soy sauce or a suitable substitute. For a paleo version, use liquid aminos instead of soy sauce. For a thicker sauce, you can either add more honey and/or add a tablespoon of cornstarch to the mix.
Honey Soy Ginger Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms step by step
- In a large bowl, mix the MARINADE above; toss into chicken cubes, massage them and marinade for 2 hours or overnight..
- REMOVE chicken from marinade (keeping the leftover marinade if any).
- HEAT up cooking oil in wok/pan and cook the chicken cubes for about 3 to 5 minutes, until they 3/4 cooked through; REMOVE chicken from pan/wok.
- REHEAT the pan/wok with additional oil and pour leftover marinade into pan and cook until it is sizzling, approximately 1 minute.
- ADD button mushrooms into the pan, cook for about another minute; add honey and dark soy sauce (if you're using) into the mix.
- ADD onion and cook until onion softens a little and ADD in water/broth then STIR IN corn flour+water slurry mixture; stir about half a minute until it thickens.
- ADJUST sauce to taste.
- TOSS in the cooked chicken cubes back into the pan and coat chicken thoroughly.
- Serve, sesame seed sprinkles on top optional.
The recipe is written for whole chicken breasts, not chicken breast cutlets, which are smaller and thinner. In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and sesame oil. Whisk to combine, until honey is fully dissolved. Add remaining ingredients to bowl or bag. The overall taste should be led by sourness, then saltiness and sweetness to mold everything together.