Honey Sesame Chicken. Add to honey sauce mixture and mix well. Whisk egg in a large bowl. Add remaining salt and garlic powder and mix well.
Mix honey, ketchup, olive oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, lemon juice, Sriracha sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ginger in a bowl until well combined. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat. Dish out and drain on paper towels. You can make Honey Sesame Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Honey Sesame Chicken
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (Cut Bite Size).
- You need 2/3 Cup of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Honey.
- You need 3 of tbps Soy Sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of White Vinegar.
- Prepare 3 of tbps Chopped Yellow Onion (Finely Diced).
- Prepare 1 Clove of Garlic (Finely Diced).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1 Cup of + 1 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch.
- You need of Vegetable Oil (for frying).
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds.
- Prepare of Chopped Green Onions (for Garnish – Optional).
Add in the Honey Sesame Sauce, and bring to a light simmer or until the sauce thickens. Drop in the chicken, stir-fry a few times to combine the sauce and chicken, add the sesame seeds, dish out and serve. Combine the sauce: In a small pan over medium heat, combine all the sauce ingredients except sesame seeds. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Honey Sesame Chicken instructions
- Clean and cut your boneless chicken breast into bite size pieces and salt and pepper to taste..
- Dip chicken pieces into cornstarch and toss pieces to evenly coat in cornstarch, then carefully place 1/3 of the chicken pieces into preheated oil and cook for 5 – 7 minutes until golden, turning once during cooking. Using skimmer, remove fried chicken from oil and transfer to a paper towel lined cookie sheet to drain excess oil..
- In a medium mixing bowl combine chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, ginger. Mix well then add to medium size saucepan or wok at medium heat..
- As the sauce mixture begins to heat add 1 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch to 1 1/2 tbsp of cold water and mix well. Then add to sauce mixture..
- Once the sauce mixture begins to thicken add the chicken and sesame seeds then mix well so all the chicken is coated evenly in sauce..
- Serve warm over white or brown rice garnished with green onions if desired..
Finish the dish: Pour over warm chicken and toss to fully coat. Cover chicken tightly to keep warm. Make the honey sauce: In a small pan over medium heat, combine all remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Honey Sesame Chicken is a Chinese takeout classic that's packed with flavor! This homemade version is even better than what you'll get at the restaurant and it's a dinner everyone can agree on.