Easy Beef Stroganoff (using left over sirloin steak). Great recipe for Easy Beef Stroganoff (using left over sirloin steak). My husband will ONLY eat left over steak prepared this way. Its so delicious and although it requires quite a few ingredients, its so simple to throw together.
Heat a couple of tablespoons of butter in a small sauté pan until the foaming subsides. Sear the beef slices on both sides just until done. There will be alot of"juice" in the pan so I turn up the heat for a couple of minutes to reduce the liquid. (Start your rice or your noodles at this point). You can have Easy Beef Stroganoff (using left over sirloin steak) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Beef Stroganoff (using left over sirloin steak)
- Prepare 3 cup of of leftover sirloin steak, sliced thin and trimmed of any fat..
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped small.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 14 oz of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of each of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of gravy master or swanson beef booster.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of -1 cup of sour cream (I prefer only 1/2 cup but you may like more sour cream).
- You need 1 of Cooked buttered noodles (I cook two packages because my husband eats three plates of stroganoff).
Add the brown gravy mix to the water and stir to dissolve. Add gravy mixture to meat and stir constantly until thick. Add the broth, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream, and season with salt and pepper.
Easy Beef Stroganoff (using left over sirloin steak) step by step
Mix in the cooked beef, and cook a few minutes until heated through. Serve the stroganoff over hot cooked egg noodles and garnish with chopped parsley if desired. The best kind of beef for stroganoff is either sirloin steak or ribeye (or any tender marbled steak). Brown the beef at a medium-high temperature but don't cook it all the way through (it's steak, it can be pink inside). Combine garlic and thyme in large bowl.