perfect beef stroganoff. Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir until incorporated.
Add flour, catsup, salt and pepper. This recipe uses a roux to create a beef gravy that is then thickened with sour cream AND cream cheese. A little bit of zip is added using pepper flakes. You can make perfect beef stroganoff using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of perfect beef stroganoff
- You need 1 lb of thinly sliced round steak.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced onion.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper.
- Prepare 10 1/2 can of mushroom gravy.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of hot buttered noodles.
Using the same pan, melt remaining butter. Cook ground beef in melted butter until browned. This Stroganoff uses fillet or sirloin steak, budget dependent. I used sirloin and it was perfect.
perfect beef stroganoff instructions
- cut steak into thin strips..
- in skillet, brown meat and cook onion in butter until tender..
- sprinkle with salt and pepper..
- add gravy and sour cream..
- cover; cook over low heat 45 minutes or until meat is tender..
- stir now and then..
- serve over noodles..
Two large steaks fed four of us generously even though I didn't think it would. The innovative recipe ensures perfectly cooked beef by cooking the steaks whole then thickly slicing them afterwards and adding them to the lovingly prepared sauce. Juicy strips of beef smothered in a sour cream mushroom gravy – a quick dinner everyone will love! KEY STEPS: Sear beef super quickly for maximum juiciness and use a large skillet (for quick sear + fast sauce reduction). Stroganoff calls for good beef but if you only have a budget cut, use this easy Chinese method to tenderise the beef (it's called "velveting").