A tawa sandwich is an Indian version of grill sandwich which is prepared on a tawa/pan instead of grilled. This version of tawa sandwich is open instead of close i.e. we haven't put second bread as we usually do in other sandwiches. This is an easy tawa sandwich recipe. You can have Tawa Toast Sandwich using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Tawa Toast Sandwich
- You need 2-3 of medium sized boiled potatoes.
- You need 4-6 of brown bread slices.
- You need 1 of medium sized chopped onion.
- It’s 1 of medium sized chopped tomato.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil + 4 tbsp oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 4-5 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of red chilli powder (as per taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander seeds powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of amchur powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sandwich masala.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Once the ingredients are prepared it hardly take any time to assemble the. Place a portion of the stuffing on one buttered bread slice and spread it evenly. Sandwich on a Tawa or a grilled pan. As said earlier I also make this aloo toast sandwich on a tawa/pan.
Tawa Toast Sandwich instructions
- Boil the potatoes. Peel them. Mash them. Chop the onions and tomatoes..
- Add all the dry spices to the mashed potatoes..
- Mix them well..
- Now in a pan add oil, once heated add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and saute for 1 minute..
- Add the chopped onions. Saute till golden brown..
- Now add the tomatoes and cook till soft..
- Now add the potatoes mixture. Mix well all the ingredients and cook for another 2 minutes..
- Take the bread slices and fill in the stuffing and cover with another bread slice..
- Apply butter on a tawa and cook the sandwich from both the sides..
- Cut into two halves..
- Serve with garama garam tea.
I like to use my grill pan, simply because of the beautiful marks it makes on the toast. It appeals to all and kids love to see the beautiful pattern. Chilli cheese toast is very delicious and can be prepared in a jiffy with very few ingredients. It can be had for breakfast or as a tea time snack. Even if you do not have an oven, you can still make this in a tawa.