Toffee Apple Crumble Cake.
You can make Toffee Apple Crumble Cake using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Toffee Apple Crumble Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 6 oz of unsalted butter.
- You need 6 oz of caster sugar.
- You need 8 oz of plain flour.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of caramel/toffee essence (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 medium of granny Smith apples chopped(small cubes).
- Prepare of Crumble topping.
- It’s 6 oz of plain flour.
- It’s 4 oz of melted unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 oz of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of glaze.
- Prepare 4 oz of icing sugar.
- You need 1 of Maple syrup.
Toffee Apple Crumble Cake step by step
- Grease and line a 8 inch loose bottom cake tin. Pre heat oven on 160°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, scraping the sides after each addition.
- Mix together dry ingredients add half plus milk/vanilla(caramel if using) and mix then add rest of flour until just combined.
- Spread mix in bottom of tin and cover with the chopped apple.
- Mix together all topping ingredients until no dry flour visible and small lumps have formed.Spread evenly over apples.DO NOT COMPACT.
- Bake in middle oven shelf for 60 minutes Check oven after 30 mins if over browning cover with foil return to oven.When cocktail stick inserted comes out clean it's done. Leave in tin for 15 minutes then remove..
- While still slightly warm mix glaze a drizzle over you may have glaze left. ENJOY!.