Smoked Chicken Chimichangas.
You can have Smoked Chicken Chimichangas using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Smoked Chicken Chimichangas
- You need of Chicken Breast or Boneless Chicken Thighs.
- It’s 1 of thigh per wrap or 1/2 breast per wrap.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Coarse Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Dried Oregano.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Ground Mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Large White Flour Tortillas.
- It’s of Canola or Vegetable Oil for frying.
- You need of Hickory Smoke Wood/Pellets.
- Prepare of Cilantro leaves for garnish.
- Prepare 1 of Lg Avocado.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sour Scream.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Water.
- It’s of Juice of 1 Lime.
- It’s 1/2 of Jalepeno Pepper (de-seeded).
- You need of Black Beans.
- Prepare of Toothpicks.
- Prepare of Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
Smoked Chicken Chimichangas instructions
- Mix the smoked Paprika, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder, ground mustard and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Lay out chicken on a rack and lightly coat with olive oil. Then season with mix from step 1 (both sides).
- Preheat smoker to 250°F or 130°C. Use Hickory wood/Pellets and smoke for 1 hour or until internal temperature of 160-165°F. Remove and rest for 10 minutes..
- In a blender, mix the water, Avocado, jalapeno, pinch of salt and pepper, juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp garlic powder and sour cream. Blend until smooth. Add splashes of water to get desired consistency..
- Rinse black beans and set aside.
- Put 1/4" of fry oil in a large pot or cast iron pan. Preheat over medium heat..
- When chicken hits internal temperature of 150°F, up grill temperature to 300°F. Chicken does not accept smoke flavoring after 150°F, so you can up the temperature to finish..
- Warm the Tortilla for easy wrapping. Put plastic wrap over plate and put in microwave for 30 seconds..
- Cut chicken into strips, then assemble Tortilla. Place black beans, Avocado crema, chicken and Shredded Monterey jack cheese..
- Fold tightly and use a toothpick to keep Tortilla from unfolding. Fry all sides in oil until golden brown (about 10 seconds per side).
- Remove Toothpicks and place wrap seam-side down. Place a small dollop of sour cream, then Avocado crema and a stem/leaf of cilantro on top. Let it sit for 1 minute to cool and serve..