Mumbai special Toast Sandwich. Mumbai Masala Toast is crispy and tasty toasted sandwich recipe. Layers of spicy veggie filling and chutney sandwiched between buttery bread and topped with melting cheese and hotness of more chilli makes this popular roadside snack Mumbai Masala Toast a delightful treat. Mumbai Masala toast is different from regular grilled veggie toast, because of the stove top toaster used in making this.
Toast the sandwich on a low to medium flame on both sides by applying some ghee. Once it turns crispy on both the sides, take it out and cut it into pieces. Rub one side of each piece of bread with the cut side of the garlic. You can have Mumbai special Toast Sandwich using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mumbai special Toast Sandwich
- It’s 3 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds or Shahi Jeera.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoons of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh coriander leaves.
- Prepare 2 of bread slices.
- Prepare as required of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green chutney.
- You need 1 of cheese cube.
- You need As required of Little Chat masala.
- Prepare 1 of Sliced onion.
- It’s 1 of sliced tomato.
- Prepare as required of Ketchup.
Layer with the cucumber, then sprinkle over the masala mix. The sandwiches we ordered were Veg cheese grill,Veg mayo ,Jain cheese chilly. Veg Cheese Grill Sandwich was one heck of thrilling sandwich, had all the perfect ingredients of a Cheese grill sandwich, talking about the Mayonnaise Sandwich, this one had the very tasty mayo nicely spread in the sandwich. Very few people, actually tend to come all the way for a Raju Sandwich as it is a small stall off the main road. 🍞 Samosa Cheese Toast:- The speciality of Raju is definitely the Samosa Cheese Toast.
Mumbai special Toast Sandwich instructions
- The first step is to boil the potatoes in the pressure cooker. Then boil the green peas in the vessel. Let the veggies cool completely. Mesh the potatoes properly..
- Then take a pan and pour oil. Now, add jira and ginger- garlic paste. Cook paste for few seconds. The next step is to add green peas and salt. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder and again cook for few seconds..
- The next step is to add boiled potatoes and salt. Mix everything properly. Add fresh coriander leaves on the top of the stuffing..
- Then take a bread and apply butter and green chutney. Put potato stuffing and sliced onion and tomatoes. Add cheese, chat masala and apply chutney and butter on another bread and cover the sandwich..
- The next step is to grease toaster with butter. Put sandwich in the toaster by applying little butter on the top of bread slice. Let it toast for few minutes. Finally, serve hot toast sandwich with Green Chutney and Sauce. Apply little butter on top of sandwich..
A smashed samosa between two slices of bread, topped with butter and their special chutney. Home » Indian Vegetarian Recipes » Mumbai Masala Toast Sandwich. This post may contain affiliate links. Akuri, a popular street food of Mumbai, is a spicy scrambled egg Parsi dish flavored with fried onions, ginger, coriander, chopped chilies, and black pepper. It is traditionally eaten with bread toast.