Bombay Style Masala Sandwich/Toast. Masala Sandwich is a yummy street snack of crispy toasted sandwiches spiced with coriander chutney, stuffed with a delicious savory mashed potato stuffing and topped with a few crunchy veggies and then grilled or toasted. These masala toast sandwiches are a popular street food snack from Mumbai. And mix well. masala sandwich recipe
A tasty aloo masala packed between slices of bread lined with tongue-tickling chutney, the Masala Toast is surely one sumptuous snack that will keep you going for an hour or two. I grew up as a child loving this mumbai roadside masala toast which is available as a quick evening. Bombay Toast is a pressed-sandwich layered with chutney, aloo masala (spiced mashed potatoes), fresh vegetables, then grilled in a sandwich toaster. You can make Bombay Style Masala Sandwich/Toast using 30 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Bombay Style Masala Sandwich/Toast
- You need of For Masala Filling.
- You need 3-4 of boiled potatoes.
- You need of Hing.
- It’s 2-3 of Green Chillies.
- You need 5-6 of curry leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds/Rai.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric(Haldi).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Powder(Degi Mirch).
- It’s Leaves of Coriander.
- Prepare of For Green Chutney.
- It’s 50-100 g of coriander leaves.
- Prepare of Pudina Leaves (mint).
- Prepare 3-4 of green chillies.
- It’s of Small piece Ginger.
- You need 4-5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Jaljeera masala/chaat masala.
- You need 1-2 of ice cubes.
- Prepare of Hing.
- It’s of For Sandwich.
- It’s of melted butter.
- It’s slices of Bread.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- You need of Beetroot.
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of capsicum.
- You need Slice of Cheese.
- You need cubes of mozzarella cheese/cheese.
- You need of chaat masala.
It is essentially a vegetable panini that reigns supreme along the streets of Mumbai, and also referred to as Bombay Toastie and Mumbai Masala Toast!. Fun Fact: Mumbai and Bombay are actually the names of the same city. Bombay toast sandwich recipe is a very filling and delicious treat for all sandwich lovers like me:) A quick and easy mashed potato filling is spread on a green chutney coated bread, then topped with capsicum, tomato and onions, sandwiched with another butter laden bread, toasted to perfection is a real bliss on a cold day! When served with piping hot tea or coffee, it is just wonderful.
Bombay Style Masala Sandwich/Toast instructions
- Take 3-4 boiled potatoes and garte them or mash them. Take a pan and add 2-3 spoons of oil(olive oil/ rice bran oil/ peanut oil). Add curry leaves, pinch of hing, chopped green chillies and 1tsp mustard seeds. When mustard seeds starts to pop, add grated/ mashed boiled potatoes. mix it well. Now add salt to taste, 1/2 tsp haldi and 1/2 tsp degi mirch(red chilli powder). Add few coriander leaves. mix it well and cook the filling for 5-10 minutes..
- For Green Chutney – Take coriander leaves, few pudina leaves, pinch of hing, green chillies, ginger, garlic, ice cubes into the blender. blend it well. Add salt and chaat masala according to your taste. Ice cube is to maintain temparature of blender and to keep chutney colour green..
- For Sandwich – Cut the veggies – onion, cucumber, beetroot, capsicum as shown in the image below..
- Melt some butter in a bowl..Take 2 bread slices and Apply butter on both inner sides..Now apply filling on one side. Take another side and apply green chutney. On the filling side, apply the cheese slice. Put the onion rings, cucumber. Sprinkle some salt and chaat masala. Now, Put the capsicum ring and beetroot. sprinkle salt and chaat masala. Now put the chutney coated bread on top of other bread..
- Now appy butter on outer sides of the bread and put it on the grill pan/ toaster. I have made this on grill pan. Make sure to press the bread to lower the rawness of veggies. Turn it to other side and press it again. When bread is grilled and brown from both sides, take it out of the pan/toaster..
- Now cut the sandwich into 2 halves in triangular shape. Apply green chutney on top of both halves. Take cheese cubes or mozzarella cheese and grate it on top of the sandwich. You can also add some sev on top of sandwich. Serve it with freshly made green chutney..
Bombay masala toast sandwich recipe – loaded with spiced potato, peas masala, fresh veggies (like tomato, onion, cucumber) and the right amount of spread of green chutney and sprinkle of sandwich masala. Everything together it is amazingly tasty and similar to the roadside stalls of Mumbai. To make Bombay Masala Toast -. Prepare the bread slices by spreading butter on one side of the bread slices. Turn over the bread slices to the other side that is not buttered.