Bombay masala open toast sandwich. Masala Sandwich is a yummy street snack of crispy toasted sandwiches spiced with coriander chutney, stuffed with a delicious savory mashed potato stuffing and topped with a few crunchy veggies and then grilled or toasted. These masala toast sandwiches are a popular street food snack from Mumbai. Peel off the potato skin and mash well.
Add turmeric powder, chili powder if using, mashed potato, salt to taste and mix well. To make Bombay Masala Toast -. Prepare the bread slices by spreading butter on one side of the bread slices. You can have Bombay masala open toast sandwich using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Bombay masala open toast sandwich
- You need 3 of Boiled potatoes.
- It’s 2 of Chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of Chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped capsicum.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiled green peas.
- It’s as required of Green chutney.
- Prepare as required of Tomato ketchup.
- You need as required of Butter.
- Prepare 1 packet of bread.
- You need 1 spoon of ginger chilli paste.
- It’s 1 spoon of dry cumin coriander powder.
- It’s 1 spoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 spoon of chaat masala.
- You need 1 spoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 bowl of Chickpea flour batter.
- You need some of Chopped fresh coriander.
- It’s as required of Plain sev.
Turn over the bread slices to the other side that is not buttered. Spread a layer of green chutney. Serve the mumbai roadside masala toast sandwich immediately with tomato ketchup and garlic green chutney. Spread Potato masala evenly on the bread.
Bombay masala open toast sandwich step by step
- For stuffing, mash potato in bowl. Add all veggies and spices into it and mix well..
- Now cut bread in round shape. Spread butter, green chutney and tomato ketchup. Now spread stuffing on it. Spread chickpea flour batter on it. Now bake on both sides..
- Take sandwich in plate and sprinkle plain sev and fresh coriander..
Then cover with another bread slices and spread some butter on the top of the bread. Toast the sandwich till its golden and crispy. Everything together it is amazingly tasty and similar to the roadside stalls of Mumbai. Bombay Toast is a pressed-sandwich layered with chutney, aloo masala (spiced mashed potatoes), fresh vegetables, then grilled in a sandwich toaster. It is essentially a vegetable panini that reigns supreme along the streets of Mumbai, and also referred to as Bombay Toastie and Mumbai Masala Toast!.