Chicken Fajitas. Air fry your chicken fajitas for a quick and tasty south-of-the-border meal. Customize your fajitas with the toppings you love, such as: shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, sliced tomatoes, or tomato salsa. Marinating chicken, peppers and onions in a highly flavored marinade imparts big Tex-Mex flavors onto these mouthwatering grilled fajitas.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag. Pour in the marinade and seal bag. You can make Chicken Fajitas using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- It’s 4 tablespoons of canola oil, divided.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- It’s 1-1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- You need 1/2 of medium sweet red pepper, julienned.
- It’s 1/2 of medium green pepper, julienned.
- It’s 1/2 of medium yellow pepper, julienned (optional).
- You need 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 6 of flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed.
- Prepare of Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream.
Flip the bag over from time to time to redistribute marinade. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated. Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours..
- While chicken is marinating, prepare and cut your peppers and onions..
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through..
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings..
Place the lid on the bowl and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated. These Chicken Fajitas have a terrific flavour hit from a really great Fajita marinade. Served alongside charred peppers and onion, this meal is a kaleidoscope of colours no one can resist! Chicken Fajitas – healthy and seriously delish! Whenever I see rainbow coloured capsicum on sale at the stores, I immediately think of Fajitas.