Chicken Fajitas. Air fry your chicken fajitas for a quick and tasty south-of-the-border meal. Customize your fajitas with the toppings you love, such as: shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, sliced tomatoes, or tomato salsa. Marinating chicken, peppers and onions in a highly flavored marinade imparts big Tex-Mex flavors onto these mouthwatering grilled fajitas.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag. Pour in the marinade and seal bag. You can have Chicken Fajitas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of large garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of ground chili (adjust to your desired spice preference).
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro (optional).
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb (650 grams) of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless.
- Prepare 3 of large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow).
- It’s 1 of onion thinly sliced.
Flip the bag over from time to time to redistribute marinade. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated. Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil.
Chicken Fajitas step by step
- Slice chicken into strips.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes..
- Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through. Cook for about 8 minutes. Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char..
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.
- Cut peppers and onions into strips.
- Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add chicken strips and cook for about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Place the lid on the bowl and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated. Wipe off most of the marinade and sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large cast iron frying pan on high heat for a minute or so. These Chicken Fajitas have a terrific flavour hit from a really great Fajita marinade. Served alongside charred peppers and onion, this meal is a kaleidoscope of colours no one can resist!