Chicken Fajitas. Air fry your chicken fajitas for a quick and tasty south-of-the-border meal. Customize your fajitas with the toppings you love, such as: shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, sliced tomatoes, or tomato salsa. Marinating chicken, peppers and onions in a highly flavored marinade imparts big Tex-Mex flavors onto these mouthwatering grilled fajitas.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag. Pour in the marinade and seal bag. You can have Chicken Fajitas using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- You need 4 Tbs of canola oil, divided.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of lime juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
Flip the bag over from time to time to redistribute marinade. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated. Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours..
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through..
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings..
Place the lid on the bowl and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated. Wipe off most of the marinade and sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large cast iron frying pan on high heat for a minute or so. These Chicken Fajitas have a terrific flavour hit from a really great Fajita marinade. Served alongside charred peppers and onion, this meal is a kaleidoscope of colours no one can resist!