Chicken fajita casserole. Saute onions, garlic, peppers, salt& black pepper over medium heat until tender. Mix soup, tomatoes-chile& chicken in large bowl. Layer tortillas on bottom of baking dish, top with soup-chicken-tomatoes-chiles mixture.
Chicken Fajita Casserole Kandy's Kitchen Kreations. In medium bowl, mix refried beans, tomato sauce and fajita seasoning mix. Pour fajita seasoning into a shallow bowl. You can make Chicken fajita casserole using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Chicken fajita casserole
- Prepare 12 oz. of shredded chicken (cooked).
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of mexicorn.
- Prepare 8 oz. of fresh mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 4 oz. of diced chilies.
- You need 1 bag of Doritos.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded mexican cheese.
- You need 1 tbls of fajita mix.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced onions.
Rinse chicken, blot dry with paper towels, and dredge in seasoning. Place in the prepared baking dish and pour frozen vegetables over top. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, salsa, broth and fajita seasoning until well combined.
Chicken fajita casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat chicken with fajita mix in a large zipper bag.
- Mix chicken, diced tomatoes, mexicorn, mushrooms, onions, soup, diced chilies and 1 cup cheese..
- Place in baking dish and cover with crushed tortilla chips..
- Bake 30 minutes..
- Cover with more cheese and bake until melted..
Add chicken and toss to coat. In a medium skillet, heat the oil and add the onion and bell pepper strips. Remove from heat and add to the chicken. Make Seasoning: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, half of shredded cheese, fajitas seasoning mix, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, uncooked rice, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, frozen onion and bell pepper, tomatoes with chilies, chicken broth, fajita seasoning, and about half of the cheese.