Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce. Great recipe for Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce. Just a big batch of food divided into Tupperware for a weeks worth of work lunches. Everyone will get very curious when they smell this in the microwave!
Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce large boneless, skinless chicken breasts • purple onion • green pepper • sweet pepper • whole kernel corn • black beans • rice • olive oil In a VERY hot skillet, put two tablespoons of canola oil. Remove the chicken from the pan and add in the onions and bell peppers. Transfer chicken to a sheet of foil and wrap to keep warm. You can have Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce
- Prepare 3 of large boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of purple onion.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 1 of sweet pepper.
- It’s 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Misc. seasoning blend (I used Tony Chachere's creole blend).
- It’s strips of Tortilla chip.
- It’s of sauce—-.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of miracle whip.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sour cream.
- It’s 1 dash of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/2 packet of ranch dressing mix.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of oregano.
- You need of Fresh chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of black pepper.
In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Preheat a large skillet to medium high heat and add oil. Season chicken, onions, and peppers with half of the fajita seasoning.
Lunchtime Chicken Fajita Bowls w/ Mexican white sauce step by step
- Prep the peppers and onion by cutting them into strips, about 1/2 inch thick. Lay everything out on a cookie sheet lined with foil, chicken in the middle, peppers on one end and onions on the other. Drizzle everything with the olive oil and toss a little bit so it's all coated. Sprinkle peppers and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chicken with your misc. seasoning..
- Bake on middle oven rack at 375 for 30-40 minutes (depending on how thick the chicken boobs are) Make the rice according to package directions. I used jasmine rice. — while that's cooking, make the sauce..
- Sauce- again, this sauce makes the whole thing. This sauce is the robin to Batman. The Louise to Thelma. The Mallory to Mickey. The gravy to KFC's mashed potatoes… you get the idea.. In a separate container combine the milk, miracle whip and sour cream. Add the dash of lime juice. Whip with a fork till it's all combined. Add all the spice ingredients and whip again to combine. Add the fresh cilantro last and just let it relax on top. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Mix.
- Side note about the sauce. I didn't use actual measurements for anything when making mine, so this is just a guideline. Keep tasting and adjusting accordingly. I like spicy, bold flavor. Also you're looking for the consistency to be a tad thicker than milk..
- Ok. When the oven is done let everything cool enough to handle with your bare hands. Slice the chicken across the grain. Now we build the bowls..
- I made 4 portions out of this and honestly it was a lot of food haha probably could've made 5 instead but I only had 4 Tupperware containers. Don't forget to drain the corn and black beans. Lay out a layer of tortilla strips (yes they will lose their crunch but that's what I wanted. Just the corn tortilla flavor) Next, a layer of rice. In one corner a couple spoons of corn. The other corner, some of the onion. Another corner, black beans. In the last corner some of the pepper strips..
- Sprinkle all of it with a bit more of the spice blend. Garnish with fresh cilantro. They should somewhat resemble the photo. Now lunches are ready for the week! Bring a separate container of the sauce and you're set!.
- When reheating this at work, I microwave for about a minute, cut up the chicken into bite size pieces, mix it all together and finish reheating. THEN drizzle the white sauce all over it. One round of cooking and you've got a weeks worth of home cooked lunches your coworkers will be jealous of you over!—– P.S (search "sheet pan chicken" on YouTube and there's a cool little minute long demo of the oven part of this, which inspired this recipe).
When skillet is hot, add the chicken, peppers, and onions. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add ground chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder and paprika; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide rice into meal prep containers. Top with ground chicken mixture, black beans, corn and pico.