Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers. Chicken Stuffed Peppers are made with a fajita style mixture that combines onions, garlic, tex mex spices and chicken, then oven-baked until soft and cheesy. These chicken-stuffed peppers feature a delicious blend of savory ingredients that closely resemble the flavors of chicken fajitas. The chicken and bean filling fits neatly into a nice, sweet pepper half with a cheesy topping.
Lay the bell pepper halves in the skillet, like little cups, and fill them with the rice/chicken mixture. Here is a healthy entree that takes a little bit of extra time, but it's is well worth it in the end. These chicken stuffed peppers are filled with so much goodness, and they are basically a full meal in one because you get three veggies (corn, onion and peppers), a whole grain (brown rice), two proteins (black beans and chicken) and a fruit (tomatoes). You can have Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers
- You need 4 of large green bell peppers.
- It’s 2-1/2 c of riced cauliflower.
- Prepare 8 oz of boneless chicken breast, pounded to 1/2" thickness.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 c of chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 c of shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 c of fat-free plain Greek-style yogurt.
- It’s 1/4 c of salsa.
How To Make Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers. Cut the bell peppers in half, lengthwise, and remove all the seeds and membrane. Place halved green bell peppers in a baking dish. Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium heat.
Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Slice stem top of peppers and remove seeds. Place cut side up in deep baking dish, leaning against sides if needed. Bake until tender, 20-30 min..
- Combine cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Set aside..
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat on med. Season chicken using half of the seasonings. Cook in skillet until cooked through, about 4 min. on each side. Transfer to cutting board and chop into small pieces..
- Remove skillet from heat and wipe clean. Re-spray and bring to med. heat. Add cauliflower, onion and remaining seasoning. Cook and stir until almost tender. Add in chicken and finish cooking veggies..
- Blot away excess moisture from peppers. Fill with chicken mixture. Sprinkle on cheese. Top with salsa and yogurt..
Season with paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and lime juice. Place a cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cooked onions, corn, beans, and tomatoes to the pan, stir and cook for one minute. Heat the canola oil (for the veggies) in a pan over high heat. Cook the peppers, onion, salt, and pepper until soft and slightly caramelized.