Chicken Fajitas. Air fry your chicken fajitas for a quick and tasty south-of-the-border meal. Customize your fajitas with the toppings you love, such as: shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, cilantro, sliced tomatoes, or tomato salsa. Marinating chicken, peppers and onions in a highly flavored marinade imparts big Tex-Mex flavors onto these mouthwatering grilled fajitas.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable bag. Pour in the marinade and seal bag. You can have Chicken Fajitas using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced strips.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 8 of small tortillas.
- It’s of Any other garnishes you may enjoy.
Flip the bag over from time to time to redistribute marinade. Trim chicken of any excess fat and place in a large, lidded bowl. Toss, adding more oil if necessary, until coated. Poke chicken with a knife to allow penetration of seasoning and oil.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Make fajita seasoning: Whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast-iron grill pan or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Toss chicken with 3/4 of fajita seasoning and add to pan. Cook for 6-10 minutes or until browned..
- In a second pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onion and sprinkle with remaining fajita seasoning. Cook until vegetables are soft for about 8-10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- While veggies and meat are cooking, wrap tortillas in tin foil and warm in oven..
- Fill warmed tortillas with chicken, peppers, and onions. Top with favorite garnishes..
Place the lid on the bowl and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated. Add the chicken, bell pepper and. Wipe off most of the marinade and sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large cast iron frying pan on high heat for a minute or so. These Chicken Fajitas have a terrific flavour hit from a really great Fajita marinade.