Italian Hot Chocolate. How to Make Italian Hot Chocolate. Sift the cocoa into a medium bowl then add the sugar and whisk together, set aside. Hot chocolate Italian-style is one of the most amazing treats in the world!
Italian hot chocolate is thicker, creamier, and generally much richer than traditional American hot chocolate, which is less dense and milkier. It is made with a few key ingredients: cocoa, sugar, and milk. In some cases, a little dark chocolate and a thickening agent, such as cornstarch, are added as well.. You can have Italian Hot Chocolate using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Hot Chocolate
- You need 3/4 cup of milk + 2 tbsp milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cornflour.
- You need 50 g of Dark Chocolate.
- It’s 15 g of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cocoa powder.
- It’s As needed of Whipped Cream for decoration.
Italian hot chocolate (known as cioccolata calda) is certainly very different to regular hot chocolate. This is a thick, almost pudding-like drink that is enjoyed in bars all over Italy. It's more like a dessert than a drink. At home, most people use Italian hot chocolate sachets.
Italian Hot Chocolate instructions
- Pour the milk in a pan. Combine in a small bowl, cocoa powder, cornflour & 2-3 tsp milk from the measured amount. Mix well to make a paste..
- Heat the milk & add in the prepared paste, sugar & dark chocolate. You may also 0.5 tsp of coffee powder for flavour..
- Heat everything to a boil. Pour in a glass, decorate with some whipped cream (optional) & dust with cocoa powder. Serve Warm!.
Italian cioccolata calda is a creamy and luxuriously rich chocolate drink with pudding-like consistency. Instead of water and cocoa powder, it's made with milk, good dark chocolate, sugar and a secret ingredient that helps make it super rich and thick. Italian hot chocolate is pretty easy to make. Simply, add the cocoa, sugar, salt, sugar and cornstarch to a small bowl and mix to combine. Then in medium saucepan over low heat, add the milk and heavy whipping cream.