Italian Hot Chocolate. How to Make Italian Hot Chocolate. Sift the cocoa into a medium bowl then add the sugar and whisk together, set aside. Hot chocolate Italian-style is one of the most amazing treats in the world!
Italian hot chocolate is thicker, creamier, and generally much richer than traditional American hot chocolate, which is less dense and milkier. It is made with a few key ingredients: cocoa, sugar, and milk. In some cases, a little dark chocolate and a thickening agent, such as cornstarch, are added as well.. You can make Italian Hot Chocolate using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Hot Chocolate
- Prepare 1/2 cup+ 1/8 cup of Morde Dark Chocolate (grated or chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 & 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder (unsweetened).
- It’s 1 cup+ 1 tbsp of milk (Gokul milk).
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn starch.
- You need As required of Whipping cream for decorating (optional).
Italian cioccolata calda is a creamy and luxuriously rich chocolate drink with pudding-like consistency. Instead of water and cocoa powder, it's made with milk, good dark chocolate, sugar and a secret ingredient that helps make it super rich and thick. Italian hot chocolate is pretty easy to make. Simply, add the cocoa, sugar, salt, sugar and cornstarch to a small bowl and mix to combine.
Italian Hot Chocolate instructions
- In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch until smooth and keep aside. Sift the cocoa into another bowl and then add the sugar. Combine well and keep aside..
- In a medium pot, boil the remaining milk (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp). Then keep the gas to a low flame, stirring continuously..
- Add the milk/cornstarch mixture and then add the cocoa mixture slowly. Keep stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth..
- Lastly, add the chocolate pieces and stirring continuously for about 3 minutes until the mixture is thick and smooth..
- Switch off the gas. Serve immediately..
- Decorate with frosting(optional)..
Then in medium saucepan over low heat, add the milk and heavy whipping cream. When the milk warms, up add the chocolate chips and stir until the chips melt. Next, add the cocoa mixture then vanilla extract. Italian hot chocolate (known as cioccolata calda) is certainly very different to regular hot chocolate. This is a thick, almost pudding-like drink that is enjoyed in bars all over Italy.