Italian hot chocolate. How to Make Italian Hot Chocolate. Sift the cocoa into a medium bowl then add the sugar and whisk together, set aside. Hot chocolate Italian-style is one of the most amazing treats in the world!
Italian hot chocolate (known as cioccolata calda) is certainly very different to regular hot chocolate. This is a thick, almost pudding-like drink that is enjoyed in bars all over Italy. It's more like a dessert than a drink. You can make Italian hot chocolate using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian hot chocolate
- Prepare 3 cups of milk :.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cocoa powder :.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar :.
- It’s 100 g of Chocolate : (crushed).
- You need 1 tbsp of Cornflour :.
- You need 1 tbsp of Milk : (for cornflour mixture).
At home, most people use Italian hot chocolate sachets. In fact, cioccolata calda, Italian hot chocolate, can sometimes be almost impossible to drink without the aid of a spoon. The first time I went to Italy in the autumn, I heard "hot chocolate" and thought of the stuff I'd become accustomed to at home – foil packets of powdered chocolate dumped into a cup with boiling water. Italian hot chocolate is thicker, creamier, and generally much richer than traditional American hot chocolate, which is less dense and milkier.
Italian hot chocolate instructions
- Take milk in pan.
- Add cocoa powder and sugar in it and whisk it.
- On the flame put mixture pan in it.
- When cocoa powder and sugar dissolve in milk add chocolate pieces in it.
- When chocolate Chunks dissolve add corn flour mixture in it and cook for 5 mints..
- Serve it with marshmallows if you want.
It is made with a few key ingredients: cocoa, sugar, and milk. In some cases, a little dark chocolate and a thickening agent, such as cornstarch, are added as well.. Italian cioccolata calda is a creamy and luxuriously rich chocolate drink with pudding-like consistency. Instead of water and cocoa powder, it's made with milk, good dark chocolate, sugar and a secret ingredient that helps make it super rich and thick. The Italian-style hot chocolate, (known as Cioccolata Calda) is super thick, I like to pretend its chocolate soup.