Italian Hot Chocolate. Enjoy your favorite hot or iced drinks made your way. You have to try this pudding-like chocolate decadence! Add some Irish cream, cinnamon, and whipped cream for a fun variation, or create your own!
Italian hot chocolate is thicker, creamier, and generally much richer than traditional American hot chocolate, which is less dense and milkier. It is made with a few key ingredients: cocoa, sugar, and milk. In some cases, a little dark chocolate and a thickening agent, such as cornstarch, are added as well.. You can have Italian Hot Chocolate using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Italian Hot Chocolate
- Prepare 4 of Dark Chocolate squares (chopped into small pieces).
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of Cornflour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Cocoa powder.
- It’s 2/3 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Water.
Italian hot chocolate (known as cioccolata calda) is certainly very different to regular hot chocolate. This is a thick, almost pudding-like drink that is enjoyed in bars all over Italy. It's more like a dessert than a drink. At home, most people use Italian hot chocolate sachets.
Italian Hot Chocolate step by step
- In a saucepan, pour milk, add chocolate, sugar and cocoa, simmer till the chocolate completely melts..
- In another cup take warm water, add cornflour and mix till the mixture looks free of lumps..
- Add the cornflour mixture to the pan, simmer till slightly thich in consistancy..
- Serve hot with your choice of snack or just like that..
Italian cioccolata calda is a creamy and luxuriously rich chocolate drink with pudding-like consistency. Instead of water and cocoa powder, it's made with milk, good dark chocolate, sugar and a secret ingredient that helps make it super rich and thick. The Italian-style hot chocolate, (known as Cioccolata Calda) is super thick, I like to pretend its chocolate soup. So luxurious and creamy, it's like pudding…only pourable. So luxurious and creamy, it's like pudding…only pourable.