Freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches. Wrap the sandwiches for freezing: Wrap each sandwich in a square of aluminum foil. Use a permanent marker to write the contents and Put all the sandwiches in a freezer bag or container. Breakfast that is both healthy and freezer-friendly Sandwiches can be made ahead of time and are good for you.
You wouldn't believe how amazing these sandwiches still tasted after being frozen. It tasted the same as when they were first made! Make-Ahead Freezer Breakfast sandwiches are a hearty and satisfying breakfast for early working days and school mornings. You can make Freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches
- You need 6 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of onion chopped.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers chopped.
- You need 1/2 pound of fresh baby spinach chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 6 of English Muffins.
- You need 6 of slicescheddarcheese or any cheese you like.
They are also ideal for camping. I've been making these freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches for quite a few years now, I love having them as a super easy and healthy (if you play your cards right) breakfast option. I make his with a pork sausage patty usually because he needs a little more. We've long loved the idea of pre-making things like breakfast sandwiches, delicious wraps, and burritos and keeping them in the freezer until the morning you need to nuke them and head to the office, but these ones from The Kitchn are easy to make and especially tasty.
Freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray an 911 casserole dish with cooking spray or coat with butter or coconut oil. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick saut pan, add onion along with pinch of salt. Saut until onions are translucent. Add in peppers and garlic and cook for another two minutes. Add in chopped spinach with a bit more salt and pepper, stir and cook until spinach has wilted down. Shut off heat and let veggies cool a bit..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and then slowly stir the cooled veggie mixture into the eggs. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set and the outer edges are slightly browned. Allow the eggs to cool, then slice into six pieces. Build the sandwiches by adding one piece of the baked eggs and one slice of cheese to each English muffin. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and place into the freezer for up to 3 months..
- Camping- wrapped in aluminum foil place all sandwiches in ziplock bag and freeze them overnight,when leaving in the morning place everything in the cooler on the top so nothing Smashing the sandwiches when ready to cook them placed them on the grill. This is how I did it, and cooked these up the first morning of camping, they had defrosted very nicely and was still cold. Don’t place right under the flames..
- I did mushrooms and spinach instead of bell peppers because my kids don’t like bell peppers you do you and make it your own..
These easy sausage and egg breakfast sandwiches are great to meal-prep ahead and keep in the freezer for busy weekday mornings. Weekday breakfasts will be no problem with these make-ahead freezer-friendly breakfast sandwiches. To assemble sandwiches, spread insides of English muffins with butter. These freezer-friendly breakfast recipes are perfect for you Is breakfast the most important meal of the day?