Dalgona candy coffee. Combine instant coffee, sugar and water in a small mixing bowl. Pour ice and milk into a glass. Slowly pour the mixture on top of the milk.
If you want to add an extra taste and sweetness to it, then this dalgona candy snack is the right choice. Just sprinkle this on top of your coffee and enjoy the sweet blend. Dalgona Coffee is the latest big trend in Korea – especially in these strange times of so many being quarantined at home due to the Coronavirus epidemic. You can have Dalgona candy coffee using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Dalgona candy coffee
- Prepare 2 cups of hot milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 tsp of hot water.
- Prepare For of Dalgona candy-.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s Pinch of baking soda.
I even watched a video of a Korean grandma trying to make the foam with just a spoon… lol. and she was not happy because it was taking so looong. Thanks to the Korean Netflix series Squid Game, my childhood sugar candy called dalgona (달고나) or ppopgi (뽑기) has come back to the global scene again. This time, in a much bigger way as a main character! Remember dalgona coffee last year which was named after this candy?.
Dalgona candy coffee instructions
- In non stick pan add sugar and cook on low flame till it's caramelized.Add baking soda and mix.
- Now quickly transfer to greased plate, let it cool..
- Add water to coffee and mix. Pour hot milk into a glass add dalgona candy and coffee mixture. Serve immediately..
In Squid Game, the consequence of the sugar candy challenge is deadly! Similarly I also made Dalgona Coffee last year when it went viral. If you follow the steps exactly, then I can assure you can achieve great results. It is very important to know that this is a laborious task. Dalgona or Korean sponge candy is a fun Korean street food that will bring out the kid in you!! or at least in my husband… 🙂 With a sweet caramel flavor and a lightly crunchy but also melt-in-your-mouth texture, this is my husband's childhood favorite.