Homemade tomato basil soup with grilled cheese roll ups. Add in tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and add salt pepper basil and italian seasoning to taste. Brush remaining open edges with water and continue rolling until well sealed.
Add the sugar, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme. Add the tomatoes, broth, and vinegar. Add chicken stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. You can have Homemade tomato basil soup with grilled cheese roll ups using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Homemade tomato basil soup with grilled cheese roll ups
- It’s of For tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 (28 ounce) of can of tomatoes either whole or diced.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken beef or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of Salt pepper basil and italian seasoning.
- Prepare of Freshly grated parmesan or asiago cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of For grilled cheese roll ups.
- Prepare of Sandwich bread with crust trimmed off.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of American cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced provolone cheese.
Stir in cream cheese and basil. Carefully place tomato mixture in blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. For Rustic Tomato Basil Soup: In a large pot on med-low heat, add ghee and onion.
Homemade tomato basil soup with grilled cheese roll ups step by step
- For soup in a large pot put 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat and sautee 1 small diced onion for around 3 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and sautee for another 2 mins.
- Add in tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add salt pepper basil and italian seasoning to taste.
- Blend in a blender until smooth but make sure to vent the top to keep from pressure build up and return to pot.
- Add heavy cream and 1/4 cup of freshly grated cheese. When cheese is melted its ready.
- Grilled cheese roll ups.
- Remove crust from bread and roll flat with a rolling pin or wine bottle.
- Take half a slice of American cheese and half a slice of provolone and stack cheese on top of one another only on one end of bread.
- Roll bread and seal end with a little bit of water to make sure it sticks..
- Put a good amount of butter in a pan on medium heat and roll bread in butter to coat all sides.
- Grill on all sides until golden brown.
- This is a fun way to dip grilled cheese in tomato soup. Enjoy !!!!.
- NOTE**** if you opt to use fresh tomatoes cut 6 to 8 tomatoes in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with cooking oil. Bake on 375° for around 35 to 40 mins. Also add your chopped onion and whole garlic cloves and cook at the same time. Let tomatoes cool and peel skin off. They can all go straight into the blender at this time and finished in a pot..
Add garlic and sauté for another minute or two. Add in tomato paste and sauté together for another minute. Add the roasted tomatoes and sugar. Stir to combine all the ingredients and pour in the stock. Lower the heat and cover the pot.