Sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwich. Add ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. When beef mixture is finished, transfer to bowl and wipe skillet clean with paper towel. In a medium-sized skillet add the olive oil and onion over medium-high heat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Brown ground beef with onion in skillet until fully cooked. Spoon the Sloppy Joe mixture on top of the cheese. You can have Sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwich using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwich
- You need 2 pieces of bread of your choice.
- It’s of Sharp cheddar cheese or what ever cheese you like.
- It’s of Sloppy joe mixture.
- You need of Ingredients to make my sloppy joes.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/3 of green bell pepper, minced.
- You need 1/2 of large yellow onion, minced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of brown sugar – (or less, if you prefer).
- Prepare 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Top with remaining cheese and top each with a slice of bread. A grilled cheese sandwich with a sloppy joe filling; a truly sloppy grilled cheese sandwich! Place another slice of Nature's Own Perfectly Crafted Brioche bread on top. Make Sloppy Joe mixture according to recipe.
Sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwich instructions
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over MED/MED-HIGH heat. Add beef and brown, breaking apart into crumbles as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Transfer to colander to drain..
- Add onion and bell pepper to same skillet and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add beef back to the skillet and add tomato paste. Stir well..
- Add ketchup, water, brown sugar, mustard, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, red pepper flakes (if using), and black pepper. Stir well to combine..
- Cook over MED heat for 10-15 minutes, until mixture has thickened to your liking..
- Heat a second skillet over medium high heat. Butter 2 pieces of bread on one side..
- In a ungreased skillet place one piece of bread, butter side down. Let cook a minute or two. Add a slice of cheese of your choice. I like sharp cheddar..
- Then add a scoop of the sloppy joe mixture on top of the on top of the cheese slice..
- Top with slice of bread, butter side up. Flip the sandwich over so the done side is facing up and the buttered side is down. Cook till browned to your desired doneiness. Serve with chips or French fries. I like coleslaw to..
Cover bread slices with shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice). Add ketchup, dry mustard, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper. Place second piece of bread on top. There is just something so comforting about anything made with Sloppy Joes. My friend Brett from This Mama Loves makes Sloppy Joes stuffed peppers and they look amazing.