Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Place the kimchi on top of the Havarti and top with another slice of cheese and bread. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread, cheese, and kimchi.
Spicy kimchi, sharp cheddar cheese, and fresh basil, all sandwiched together between two slices of sesame (garlic) buttered sourdough bread. Pan cooked and finished off with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and fresh chives. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. You can make Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Prepare 1 of High Quality Turkey Bacon,.
- It’s of Pure Honey, A Drizzle.
- Prepare of Kimchi Preferably Aged & Homemade, 2 Heaped TBSP.
- You need of Korean Chili Paste / Gochujang, 1 TBSP Adjust To Preference.
- It’s 1 Handful of Gruyère Freshly Grated,.
- Prepare Pinch of Nori Flakes,.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt, Small.
- It’s of White Sandwich Bread, 4 Thick Slices.
- Prepare of Kewpie Mayo, 4 Spread.
- Prepare of Parmigiano Reggiano, For Grating.
- Prepare of Low Moisture Mozzarella, A Few Slices or Strips.
Combine the cheese, garlic and herbs in a large bowl. Top the cheese with the kimchi. Then add the finely quarter of cheese on top of the kimchi. Use a spatula to transfer the sandwiches to a cold frying pan (preferably one that can go into the oven).
Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich step by step
- You can check out my previous kimchi post for the recipe..
- In a skillet, add in bacon. Cook until the bottom is slightly browned and oil starts to release. Flip and drizzle in the honey. Cook thru' but not till crispy. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down slightly..
- Drain kimchi to remove some of the excess juice. *You can do this by squeezing or hang on a sieve.* Finely chop the drained kimchi into fine pieces. Transfer into a bowl. Add in Korean chili paste. Slice bacon into fine strips. Add in the sliced bacon, along with gruyère, nori flakes and salt..
- Mix until well combined. Spread mayo on 1 side of each bread. Heat the skillet over medium-low heat. Grate parmigiano into the same skillet, to a size slightly bigger than the bread..
- Once the cheeses start to cook, place a slice of bread, mayo side down onto the cheese. Press the bread gently with a spatula for about 15 secs. Lay mozzarella slices or strips onto the bread. Spoon the kimchi mixture over the mozzarella..
- Place another slice of bread, mayo side up, over the top. Gently the sandwich with a spatula for about 15 secs. Cover and cook until the cheeses start to brown and the oil has almost evaporated. Using a spatula, remove the sandwich from the skillet. Remove the skillet from heat..
- Grate parmigiano into the skillet. Flip the sandwich onto the cheese. Press gently with a spatula and cover..
- Cook until brown and crispy. Remove from heat and transfer onto a serving plate. Repeat the steps for the remaining sandwich. Slice and serve immediately..
- You can check out the detailed video recipe here: instagram.com/tv/CJv1JaMl9d1/.
The Kimchi Grilled Cheese Sandwich is the perfect combination of gooey cheese and crunchy kimchi. It's an unexpected flavor combo, but this Korean spicy fermented cabbage goes well with the warm melted cheese. Heat a clean pan over medium heat. Place one slice on a pan over medium high heat. Spread the vegan mozzarella and then top with the kimchi.