Beetroot cheela/dosa/pancakes. Great recipe for Beetroot cheela/dosa/pancakes. #rolls #kidstiffin This is one the quickest tiffin box recipes. With very little preparation needed this recipe is a go to one when you need a quick lunch roll up for your kids. Kids love it because of it's eye catching colour and you can be happy.
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the water and mix to form a smooth paste. "Besan Cheela" has lot similarity to Dosa of southern India or pancakes of west (except that besan chilla is not sweet but savoury). During those busy morning hours, this comes pretty handy as a quick breakfast recipe, or when you bored of routine cereals try out this simple recipe, absolutely filling and is ready really quickly. You can have Beetroot cheela/dosa/pancakes using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Beetroot cheela/dosa/pancakes
- Prepare of For cheela/dosa/pancake.
- Prepare 1 cup of besan/chickpea flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 1 of beetroot peeled and grinded.
- You need 2 of Green chilli finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of yogurt.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s as needed of Water.
- You need of For stuffing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of paneer/cottage cheese crumbled.
- You need 1/4 cup of soaked yellow moong daal.
- You need 2 tbsp of boiled groundnuts.
- It’s 4 tbsp of chopped capsicum.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of green chilli finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander finely chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of chaat masala.
Method: In a bowl, add besan and curd. Make sure that the batter is neither too thick nor too thin. Both ways it will be difficult to make chilla. On a nonstick pan, add a little bit oil.
Beetroot cheela/dosa/pancakes step by step
- Mix besan and rice flour in a big bowl..
- Add salt and all the ingredients mentioned above for cheela in this and make a smooth batter. Keep aside..
- Take a big bowl. Put all the ingredients for the stuffing in this. Mix well. Keep aside..
- Heat a griddle, take 1 ladleful of the cheela batter and spread the cheela over it. Put some oil on the edges. Turn it..
- Cook the cheela or dosa till crisp from both sides.
- Now fill the stuffing in center. Fold like dosa. Cut into 2 or 3 parts..
- Pack in your kids tiffin box with green coriander and mint chutney or tomato sauce..
- Happy cooking and happy eating..
Grind red chilli, jeera and cubed beetroot without adding water to a smooth paste. Add it to the batter, along with asafoetida and mix well. In a hot tawa, spread the dosa on desired thickness. I made it thick and cooked with a lid covered. drizzle some oil. Veggie pancakes । Dosa#breakfast #healthybreakfast #dosavegetable pancakes india.