Chocolate beetroot pancakes. Chocolate beetroot pancakes for breakfast is the perfect way to start your weekend. Pancakes are always a winner and knowing that your kids have started the day with a portion of hidden vegetables is always good too. Includes a recipe for raw chocolate hazelnut sauce.
Mix well until batter is fluffy. Fry on both sides and serve. GF (if using GF oats), DF, RSF, vegan. You can have Chocolate beetroot pancakes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate beetroot pancakes
- It’s 45 grams of beetroot.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 dash of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Agave nectar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 50 grams of dessicated coconut.
- Prepare 25 grams of chopped dark chocolate.
In a blender or food processor, pulse the cooked beet, flour, milk, egg, vegetable oil, and vinegar until smooth. Combine the cinnamon with the sugar and mix well. Heat an oiled non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the chopped beetroot in a baking dish, together with a couple of tablespoons of cold water.
Chocolate beetroot pancakes step by step
- Blend up beetroot with eggs, cocoa powder, cinnamon and agave nectar..
- Fold in dessicated coconut and chopped chocolate..
- Heat coconut oil gently in a pancake pan ..
- Add spoonfuls of mixture to the pan to create a palm sized circle and cook on a medium heat until they need flipping..
- Serve with raspberry jam and greek yoghurt..
Combine the dry ingredients (flour through salt on the above list) in a small bowl and set aside. Combine the beet puree with the other wet ingredients in a larger bowl. Once the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined, stir in the dry ingredients just until combined. Chocolate and beetroot pancakes with ginger cream and raspberries We haven't decided whether these pancakes are better as a fun weekend brunch or an indulgent dessert, but either way it's. Grated beetroot makes these pretty-in-pink pancakes a talking point at breakfast (or not, if you're slipping vegetables into a fussy.