Beetroot peel Uttappam/ Beetroot peel pancakes. To begin making the Beetroot Pancakes recipe, wash the beetroot, peel the skin and cut into pieces. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool. Once done, drain the water and allow it to cool.
Add the remaining bits to the food processor. Peel and roughly chop the onion and add it to the potato ends, pulse until finely shredded and add to the bowl with the beets. Add the eggs, flour, salt and pepper to the bowl and gently mix with a spoon. You can have Beetroot peel Uttappam/ Beetroot peel pancakes using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Beetroot peel Uttappam/ Beetroot peel pancakes
- It’s 2 cups of Idli / Dosa ready batter (see recipe).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Curd.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Cooking soda.
- You need 1 cup of Grated beetroot (see recipe).
- You need 1/4 cup of Beetroot peels paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated carrots (see recipe).
- Prepare 1tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 of Chopped green chillies.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Chopped green coriander.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt, chilli powder, cumin powder.
- Prepare 1tablespoons of Oil for each uttappam (see recipe).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice.
In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat for at least two minutes. Unwrap the cooked beets, and peel. The skin should slide right off. In a large bowl combine, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Beetroot peel Uttappam/ Beetroot peel pancakes instructions
- First, mix in curd in the ready batter and whisk well. Add soda, sugar,and mix well..
- Now combine the grated beetroot, carrots, lemon juice and add the spices as per taste. Your filling is ready..
- Now, heat a tawa. Add one laddlefull of batter and swirl in circular motion. Make a thick pancake and drizzle the filling on top..
- Add oil on sides, cover and cook on medium heat till one side is golden..
- Gently flip and cook the top side by pressing the filling with a flat soon..
- Make all the Uttappam in similar way. Serve immediately with choice of chutney or curd or raitha. I have made raitha with pomegranate and curd. Enjoy!.
Remove beets from grill, keep cover and allow to cool until beets can easily be handled. Peel skin off the beets & discard the skins. Quarter or half the roasted beets, set aside. Rinse beets and trim off the leafy tops (reserve for a recipe using beet greens). Wrap each beet loosely in aluminum foil and place in the oven.