Savory Pancakes (beetroot). Now do as above with the remaining three pancakes, but using spinach instead of beetroot. Cut in half or into quarters and serve on a platter garnished with rocket leaves. It is important to heat up the pan each time before pouring the batter, otherwise the pancakes will not cook correctly.
Turn once, cook an additional minute. In a blender or food processor, pulse the cooked beet, flour, milk, egg, vegetable oil, and vinegar until smooth. Combine the cinnamon with the sugar and mix well. You can have Savory Pancakes (beetroot) using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Savory Pancakes (beetroot)
- Prepare 2 cups of Idli dosa batter.
- Prepare 1 of Beetroot –, small, cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Red chilli.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds/ Jeera.
- It’s as required of Oil /ghee.
- It’s 1 pinch of Asafoetida.
Heat an oiled non-stick skillet over medium heat. These gorgeous savory beetroot pancakes are a healthy alternative to regular pancakes served with a creamy avocado dressing to create a special weekend brekkie. The toasted nuts add a salty crunch, while the green dressing adds copious amounts of balanced flavour to the sweet pancakes. Heat oven to lowest setting and keep the pancakes warm in there until needed.
Savory Pancakes (beetroot) step by step
- Grind red chilli, jeera and cubed beetroot without adding water to a smooth paste. Add it to the batter, along with asafoetida and mix well..
- In a hot tawa, spread the dosa on desired thickness. I made it mini coins as my son loves these mini pancake shape. cooked with a lid covered. drizzle some oil. Flip and cook until done..
Prepare a plate with layers of paper towels to drain the pancakes. Place the scallions, thyme, salt, beets, carrots, celery root, and potatoes in a large bowl and mix well. Use a paper towel to gently squeeze out any excess moisture. Scatter the flour on top of the shredded vegetables and mix until. In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk through beet puree until well-combined.