Beetroot pancake with chocolate topping. Put the grated beet, eggs and almond extract in a blender and pulse until well mixed up. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add the beet mixture. Mix well until batter is fluffy.
Pancakes are always a winner and knowing that your kids have started the day with a portion of hidden vegetables is always good too. Includes a recipe for raw chocolate hazelnut sauce. In a small bowl stir together the remaining jam and the yogurt. You can make Beetroot pancake with chocolate topping using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Beetroot pancake with chocolate topping
- You need 1 cup of maida / whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized beetroot.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Baking soda.
- It’s as required of Milk accordingly.
Stack the cooked pancakes with the yogurt and pour the warm berry compote over the top. Even though I don't like beetroot, I decided I liked this cake. I didn't make Sarah's topping of whipped cream because I was making it the day before and so chose one from a reputable bog based on cream cheese with white chocolate and with a dark chocolate layer on top. Sift the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder into the bowl; add the sugar and set aside.
Beetroot pancake with chocolate topping step by step
- Boil the beetroot until soft..
- Blend the boiled beetroot with some milk..
- Add dry ingredients: maida, baking soda, baking powder and sugar..
- Add one spoon butter and honey..
- Add milk accordingly and vanilla extract for flavour..
- Blend everything until a smooth thick batter. Pour the batter in a bowl and whisk to remove lumps (if any).
- Grease a non stick pan with butter and pour the batter in shape of pancakes and let it cook for the bottom side..
- Turn the batter and cook from both sides until brown..
- Put your fav toppings on the pancake and enjoy..
Puree or finely grate the beetroot. Fold in the dry ingredients to just. In a large bowl combine the puréed beetroots, eggs, vanilla essence, oil and sugar. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cocoa. Add the dry ingredients to the other bowl and beat well together.