Multigrain Pink Thalipeeth/ Beetroot and Tomato Thalipeeth. See recipes for Multigrain Pink Thalipeeth/ Beetroot and Tomato Thalipeeth too. Bhajaniche Thalipeeth is a multi grain Indian flatbread. This savory snacks from the traditional Maharashtrian cuisine is a powerhouse of nutrition and a perfect blend of taste and health.
Thalipeeth is a spiced multigrain flatbread popular in Western India, especially Maharashtra. A typical Maharashtrian pantry will always have bhajani, a flour prepared from roasted grains, legumes and spices. Various vegetables like fenugreek leaves, onion, bottle gourd , cucumber, herbs, and spices are added to this bhajani flour and dough is made which is traditionally. You can have Multigrain Pink Thalipeeth/ Beetroot and Tomato Thalipeeth using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Multigrain Pink Thalipeeth/ Beetroot and Tomato Thalipeeth
- It’s 1 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Gram flour (see recipe).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Jowar flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Bajra flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Rice flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Hing.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 of Chopped green chillies.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped onion large.
- Prepare 1 of Grated beetroot medium (see recipe).
- You need 1 of Tomato puree of tomato (see recipe).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Ajwain or caraway seeds.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Chopped green coriander.
- It’s as required of Hot Water to make dough.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil per thalipeeth for cooking.
This multi-grain flour mix is very handy and it can be used in making many other delicious snacks like Bhajaniche Vade and Kothambir Wadi apart from Thalipeeth. One can find lots of variety in the thalipeeth bhajini recipe and the proportion of the grains used may varry from household to household. Take gram flour in a mixing bowl, add rice flour, whole wheat flour and finger millet flour and mix well. Add onion, coriander leaves, green chillies, cumin powder, roasted cumin seeds, coriander powder, semolina and salt and mix well.
Multigrain Pink Thalipeeth/ Beetroot and Tomato Thalipeeth instructions
- First,combine all the flours and mix in all the spices. Stir well..
- Then add tomato puree, beetroot, chilles, coriander,and mix well. Make a soft dough using hot water. Keep covered for 10 minutes to set..
- Heat a skillet. Grease with oil. Take out large ball sized portions of dough and press in a circular disk with palms..
- Make 4 small holes for pouring oil on top. Pour 1 tsp oil in in them and on sides. Cover and cook till crisp and golden pink on both sides..
- Make all the pancakes or thalipeeth similarly and cover with a cloth to retain moisture. Keep in a hot box till you serve..
- Present with choice of pickle, chutney or plain curd, and a dollop of Butter! Enjoy!.
Beetroot leaves were looking pretty so I didn't feel to throw that away and thought of using those in a recipe instead. Before preparing beetroot leaves tikkis, I had used beetroot leaves and stems for one of the Maharashtrian recipe, known as Thalipeeth, which is a mixture of many different flours and vegetables. The name of a multigrain khichdi may sound like a 'healthy tasting' dish which we all want to cook and eat but never do probably. So many people do not like khichdi very much and many more people cringe at the suggestion of having it with vegetables. It sounds like baby food isn't it. just take a look at all these grains.