Carrot-Beetroot Oats pancake. A quick to go recipe which is now a part of my everyday dinner, but well this can be served for the Breakfast also! Off lately i have been experimenting with various variations of pancakes to make a single wholesome dish. Add the shredded carrot (squeeze the juice from it and pack it into your measuring spoons), baking powder and baking soda and blend just for a couple of seconds.
My baby loves tomato so I make sure to add tomato. Add veggies of your kid's choice ,easy to feed them. Beetroot and carrot pancakes with herby mascarpone. You can make Carrot-Beetroot Oats pancake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Carrot-Beetroot Oats pancake
- Prepare 2 cups of Oats.
- You need 1 of Beetroot medium sized.
- Prepare 1 cup of Carrot Grated -.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of curry leaves Finely chopped -.
- You need 2 of large Indian round gourd (Tinda) -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tur toor dal -.
- You need 1/2 cup of Gram Flour (Besan) -.
- It’s to taste of Salt pepper and -.
- It’s of Cooking oil greasing – for.
For the pancake batter, put the flour, beetroot, carrot, bicarbonate of soda and a generous grind of both salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix together well. Gently beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add the melted butter and milk and mix. Add this to the beetroot and carrot mixture. Mix in egg, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
Carrot-Beetroot Oats pancake step by step
- Coarsely chop the peeled beetroot, peeled Indian round gourd and pressure cook on medium flame along with toor dal for about 20 minutes..
- Once the vegetables and Dal is cooked, let it cool and then pulse it into smooth paste in a blender.
- Transfer this mixture in a bowl, add chopped curry leaves, grated Carrots, Gram flour, Oats, salt and pepper and give it a nice mix..
- You will notice a smooth mixture of pouring consistency is formed..
- Let this mixture rest for 10 minutes, so that oats soak in the water..
- Heat some oil on a non stick griddle and spread it evenly across the whole surface..
- Pour the batter in the centre and slowly spread it over with a spatula..
- Cover the mixture and let it cook on medium flame..
- Flip the side and let it cook similarly. Gently press the pancake on the top with spatula/ masher to thin out the pan cake..
- Serve hot with Yogurt/ Creamed Cottage Cheese..
Add flour; stir to blend well. Bursting with the warm spices of carrot cake, these oat flour pancakes are almost like having dessert for breakfast. To make this recipe, you can use my buttermilk oatmeal pancake recipe and add lots of spices and carrots to make them a little more special. These carrot cake pancakes are perfect for Easter brunch or any day of the week. Take off the heat and leave to cool down.