The Waffle of Monte Cristo.
You can make The Waffle of Monte Cristo using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of The Waffle of Monte Cristo
- Prepare of For the Waffle Batter.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil (vegetable or light tasting olive is best).
- It’s 2 of eggs – beaten.
- It’s of For the Filling.
- You need 4 slices of turkey lunch meat.
- Prepare 4 slices of ham lunch meat.
- It’s 4 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 4 slices of gouda cheese.
- You need of For the dipping sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of raspberry jam.
- It’s 1 tbs of water.
- You need 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s of Optional.
- Prepare of powdered sugar for dusting.
- You need of fresh berries for garnish.
The Waffle of Monte Cristo instructions
- In a small bowl wisk together dipping sauce ingredients. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, oil, and eggs. Wisk until just combined, leaving batter slightly lumpy. Do not over-mix..
- Set waffle iron to regular setting. Let batter rest while waffle iron heats up..
- When heated, spray iron with cooking spray. Pour 1/3 cup batter in each side. Close and cook waffles to pale yellow, just barely finished..
- Open iron, do not remove waffles. Top one waffle with one slice of swiss, then ham and turkey (slices folded in half), then a slice of gouda..
- Move second waffle on top of fillings. Close waffle iron, pressing top down gently to squeeze sandwich together. Cook to golden brown..
- Plate. Dust with powdered sugar and top with sliced berries if desired. Serve each with 1/4 cup dipping sauce. Enjoy!.