Homemade Caramel Apples.
You can make Homemade Caramel Apples using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Caramel Apples
- It’s 10 of -12 med size granny smith apples (or any tart apple u prefer).
- It’s 2 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light corn syrup.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare 1 of 14oz can sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 of toppings of your choice, i used crushed peanuts but u could use pretzels, chocolate, coconut…the possibilities are endless here!!!.
- Prepare 1 of wooden skewers to insert into apples.
- You need 1 of parchment paper.
Homemade Caramel Apples step by step
- Prepare apple's: wash apple's under hot water, making sure to scrub as good as u can to get the wax off that is on apple's. Once washed dry with a rough towel, make sure u dry them very well. Insert skewers into end of apple. Set aside..
- In a med size pot melt the butter over med heat, add in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Stir together well. Bring to a boil then stir in can of condensed milk.Continue stirring for about 10-15 min or so til thermometer reaches 248°F. Remove from heat and dip apples in quickly. Once u dip apple let access drain off and roll quickly into desired topping. Set on parchment paper. Once done with all apples sit in fridge for a couple hours..