Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod. Spinach simmers with garlic, lentils, mint, and lemon juice in this very healthy soup. The mint and lemon juice give the soup a distinctive brightness. Here is how you achieve that.
Brown lentil soup or Lebanese lentil soup with lemon. Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod. spinach, shredded•brown lentils•medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes•garlic, chopped•medium onions, chopped•lemon juice•salt•vegetable oil. Adas bi Hamod literally means lentils in Lemon. You can make Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod
- You need of spinach, shredded.
- It’s of brown lentils.
- It’s of medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- You need of medium onions, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, chopped.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of vegetable oil.
It is actually a lentil stew with Swiss chard, small diced potatoes, fresh cilantro Add the grated garlic and cook for a few seconds, then add the lentils and mix well. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and. Teta's comfort served in a bowl. literally. This soup is not only delicious but it has so many health benefits to it.
Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod instructions
- In a pot, boil the lentils with 6 to 7 cups of water over medium heat for about 40 min..
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a small pan over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 5 min or until they become golden in color..
- When the lentils are cooked, add the onion and garlic mixture, potato cubes, spinach, salt and 4 cups of water and stir..
- Cover the pot and leave on medium heat for 40 min or until the potato and spinach are well cooked. Add the lemon juice after removing from heat..
- Serve hot..
- Note: Depending on the type of lentils, you might need more or less water to cook. Small-sized lentils require more water..
So once it cools down, portion it and freeze it for a cold day! Lebanese Lentils and Swiss chard Soup aka Adas B Hamod. Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow, green or black lentils, with or without the husk. Dehulled yellow and red lentils disintegrate in cooking, making a thick soup. It is a staple food throughout Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.