Caramel Apple Cake.
You can make Caramel Apple Cake using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Cake
- Prepare of Caramel.
- You need 8 tbsp of ○Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ○Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ○Unsalted butter.
- You need of Cake.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 50 grams of Sugar.
- You need 150 grams of Plain white flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder (sifted into the flour).
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk, yogurt or heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 250 grams of Apples (tart baking apples).
Caramel Apple Cake instructions
- Oil the sides of a cake tin (not listed) and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Peel the apples and make some slices to use on the top of the cake. Cut the rest of the apples into 1 cm cubes..
- Grease a frying pan with margarine (not listed) and line it with parchment paper. Cut off the hanging paper..
- Heat the pan on medium heat before adding the caramel ingredients marked with ○ and leave for a while. Foam should form and the colour should also change. The mixture should still be smooth at this point..
- Tilt the pan back and forth every so often and wait. After about 4 minutes, once the color changes as seen in the photo, remove from heat..
- Pour half of the caramel into the cake tin and arrange the sliced apples on top..
- If the worst happens and your caramel hardens, crack it in half, and half into the batter below the apple slices..
- Add the eggs and sugar to a bowl and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the apple and mix until all the ingredients are combined and the mixture is no longer floury..
- Add the remaining apple and caramel to the bowl from Step 8 and mix well with a wooden spatula. (If the caramel hardens, break the caramel into smaller pieces and scatter in.).
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 30 – 35 minutes..
- Leave the removable bottom of the cake tin as it is. Remove the sides of the cake tin as well as the baking paper lining them. Cool on a wire rack..
- Once cooled, turn the cake out upside down onto a plate (this will mean the caramel and apple topping will face upward.).