Easy All-Purpose Apple Caramel Sauté. Here is how you cook it. Easy All-Purpose Apple Caramel Sauté instructions. Peel the apple and cut into small pieces.
This has become a favorite of ours for a sweet winter snack, or as a topping. And apples dipped in delicious homemade caramel sauce are perfect for Halloween! Granny Smith, Jonagold, Cortland, Fuji, and Empire apples all work well. You can make Easy All-Purpose Apple Caramel Sauté using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Easy All-Purpose Apple Caramel Sauté
- You need 1 of Apple.
- You need 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon.
Many recipes for caramel apples just take caramel candies and melt them to make the caramel coating. Caramel apples have been one of my all time favorite things to make since I first started cooking and baking. Apples – I like to use Granny Smith so that bit of tartness balances out the sweetness of the caramel and toppings but practically any type of apple will work here. Dip the apples: Holding the caramel apple stick, dip the apple into the warm caramel, tilting the pot as needed to coat all sides of the apple.
Easy All-Purpose Apple Caramel Sauté instructions
- Peel the apple and cut into small pieces. Spread the pieces evenly in a frying pan..
- Completely cover the apples with sugar..
- Cook them over high heat, stirring occasionally, without mixing them too much..
- Keep it over high heat until the edges become caramelized..
- They're finished when every piece of apple becomes a deep caramel color. Turn off the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon of butter. Add cinnamon to taste..
- This can be used an infinite amount of ways. Have it with yogurt or ice cream, and of course, it's good as a pie or bread filling..
- Once it has cooled, transfer to a Ziplock bag to store in the freezer..
Your recipe made it so easy for our Caramel Party we had last week! An apple a day keeps the spooks away! The best part about candy apples: You can top them however you'd like. Case in point: crushed shortbread and milk chocolate chips create a Twix-like flavor on. These Easy Homemade Caramel Apples taste a hundred times better than anything you can buy.