For Halloween! Apple and Kabocha Squash Cake.
You can have For Halloween! Apple and Kabocha Squash Cake using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of For Halloween! Apple and Kabocha Squash Cake
- Prepare of Cake batter.
- It’s 80 grams of Kabocha squash.
- It’s 1 tsp of Water.
- Prepare 100 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 1/2 of Egg.
- Prepare 10 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 80 ml of Milk.
- Prepare of Stewed apple.
- You need 1/2 of Apple.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 10 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
For Halloween! Apple and Kabocha Squash Cake step by step
- Peel the kabocha squash and cut into about 5 mm thick pieces. Put the pieces in a microwave-safe container (a silicone steamer, etc.), add some water and cover with plastic wrap (or lid)..
- Heat the container from step 1 for about 2 minutes in a 600W microwave. Remove the wrap (or lid) and mash the kabocha using a masher or fork..
- In a bowl, add the pancake mix, egg, sugar, milk and kabocha from step 2. Mix them well with a whisk..
- Make the stewed apple: Cut the apple into quarters without peeling off its skin, and then remove its core. Cut into approx. 5 mm-thick wedges..
- Put the apple slices in a frying pan with sugar, and butter. Mix well. Cook over medium heat with the lid on. (Stir occasionally.).
- After about 2 minutes, take off the lid and cook for about 2 minutes over low to medium heat while stirring them. Turn off the heat once the liquid has reduced..
- Add cinnamon powder and mix to coat the apple slices. Arrange the apple slices in a spiral pattern..
- Gently pour the batter from Step 3 over the stewed apples from step 7. (Please be careful so the arranged apple wedges won't move.).
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes over low heat while keeping an eye on it. ( It is cooked once the middle of the batter starts to puff up.).
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes with the lid still on. Place a plate faced upside down on the frying pan, flip the frying pan (with the plate) and remove the cake..
- It'll look like this once it's cut..