Tomato & Basil Chicken Roll Ups. The tomato is the edible berry of the plant Solanum lycopersicum, commonly known as a tomato plant. The species originated in western South America and Central America. The Nahuatl word tomatl gave rise to the Spanish word tomate, from which the English word tomato derived.
Some people use tomato for high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, cancer, and. Solanum lycopersicum and Lycopersicon lycopersicum) is an herbaceous annual in the family Solanaceae grown for its edible fruit. The plant can be erect with short stems or vine-like with long, spreading stems. You can make Tomato & Basil Chicken Roll Ups using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato & Basil Chicken Roll Ups
- It’s 4 of large chicken breasts, fileted in half.
- You need 16-20 of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of large roma tomatoes, sliced.
- You need 1 carton of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread, Garden Vegetable.
- You need of AND: 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of OR: 1 container crumbled goat cheese or feta.
- Prepare of Seasonings: pepper, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb, parsley.
The stems are covered in coarse hairs and the leaves are arranged spirally. The tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) is a fruit from the nightshade family native to South America. Despite botanically being a fruit, it's generally eaten and prepared like a vegetable. Tomato definition is – the usually large, rounded, edible, pulpy berry of an herb (genus Solanum) of the nightshade family native to South America that is typically red but may be yellow, orange, green, or purplish in color and is eaten raw or cooked as a vegetable.
Tomato & Basil Chicken Roll Ups step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken filets to make thin and even..
- For cream cheese version: top each piece of chicken with 2 or 3 basil leaves, couple tomato slices and a few dollops of the cream cheese. Season with seasonings of choice..
- For goat/feta cheese version: top each piece of chicken with 2 or 3 basil leaves, couple slices of tomato and generous cheese crumbles. Season with seasonings of choice..
- Roll each up carefully and place seam side down ona parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top each with a little more of the seasonings..
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. I ran a knife through the top of the thickest roll up to check if it was done; juice will run clear..
- Top with remaining cream cheese spread and mozzarella or remaining goat/feta cheese. Both options are shown here..
- Place back in oven on top rack for 10 more minutes or until cheese has melted..
Sliced tomatoes and onion on a bed of lettuce, garnished with a thyme sprig. When fresh tomatoes aren't in season, turn to canned as a healthy alternative. For the best tomato sandwiches, choose beefsteak or other slicing varieties. And if you're wanting lots of fruit early in the season, grow cherry and grape tomatoes. These varieties are also the best for eating straight off the vine!