Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce. Cook the jalapenos and garlic until fragrant and you get some browning on the garlic. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium. Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully brown stuffed chicken on both sides. Lay chicken breast out and spoon a mixture of the quinoa in the center of each breast. You can make Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce
- Prepare 4 of jalapenos, deseeded and diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced, divided.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth, divided.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 15 oz of can of black beans, drained.
- It’s 5 of plum tomatoes, diced, divided.
- You need 15 oz of can of corn.
- You need 1 packet of adobo sazon.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 4 tbsp of cilantro, diced, divided.
- Prepare 400 g of crema or creme fraiche.
- It’s 2 of red peppers, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- It’s 10 of skinless chicken breasts.
Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place the rolled chicken pieces in a casserole dish. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, any remaining herbs and spinach. Drizzle this mixture over the chicken breasts.
Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Sauce step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan. Cook the jalapenos and garlic until fragrant and you get some browning on the garlic..
- Add chicken broth, quinoa, 1/2 of the tomatoes, beans, corns, adobo sazon, oregano, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover and let it cook while you prepare the rest of the meal..
- Combine mexican crema, 2 cups chicken broth, remaining tomatoes, garlic and jalapenos, red peppers, onion, bay leaf, and cayenne in a small sauce pan. Simmer over low heat. This will stay on the heat until the chicken is ready to serve. Preheat oven to 400F(204C)..
- Depending on the size of your chicken this step is tricky. If you have breasts large enough for you to cut a slit through the chicken creating a large pocket on the inside without piercing the outer layer opening your pocket, go for it! If you have small chicken or you're not sure you can go for plan B. Take half of your chicken and use a sharp knife to cut in half, making sure to keep one of the halves intact. These will be your covers. The other five chickens will be your bases. Either way, any meat scraps you have you can go ahead, cute them into 1/2 inch strips and throw into your cream sauce..
- Check the quinoa, all the water should be gone by now and the quinoa should be ready to serve. Remove from heat. Scoop as much quinoa onto one of the whole chicken breasts (about 4 or 5 tbsp). Try to keep as much of the filling in the middle, you're gonna throw one of the half breast on top in a second..
- Cover the quinoa with one of the half breasts. Using toothpick secure the two pieces of chicken with the quinoa inside. This took about 8 toothpicks to keep everything together. I broke the toothpick in half so they wouldn't get in the way when we transfer to the pan..
- Heast 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron pan. When the oil is smoking add as much chicken as you can fit in a single layer in the pan. Let the chicken cook for 6-8 minutes on one side, or when browned to your liking. You can peek using a spatula..
- Flip the chicken (carefully! don't want to throw the quinoa everywhere). Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and cook for about 8 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160F(71C)..
- Remove the chicken from the oven and take the cream sauce off the burner. Now you're ready to serve! Accompany with a side of quinoa and pour crema over everything. Eat up!.
Add the quinoa and sauté for a minute until it begins to crackle. Once the quinoa fully absorbs the water, fluff with a fork and mix in the olives, capers, garlic, and parsley. Turn heat down to medium then melt butter in skillet and add garlic. Ingredients for Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Crème Dijon Wine Sauce: I adapted the recipe from America's Test Kitchen for this delicious chicken, and used the following ingredients: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, vegetable oil, mushrooms, leek, garlic, dried thyme, fresh lemon juice, dry white wine, salt, freshly ground black pepper, chicken broth, Dijon mustard, heavy cream, and Bisto. Tender stuffed chicken is baked and served in a creamy spinach sauce!