Chicken with Tomato Cream Sauce. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on each side. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Reduce heat; return chicken to pan.
Remove from the pan and set aside. Make the tomato sauce: In the same pan, fry the onion, garlic and oregano in a splash of olive oil until soft and fragrant. Crisp-tender chicken in the most amazing cream sauce ever. You can have Chicken with Tomato Cream Sauce using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Prepare 2 of Chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Shimeji mushrooms.
- You need 200 grams of Canned whole tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◯ Soup stock granules.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ◯ Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◯ Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◯ Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Heavy cream (or milk).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cake flour.
It's so good, you'll want to guzzle down the sauce! I know Thanksgiving is in a few days but I just needed a break from all the turkey-stuffing-sweet potato-brussels sprouts taste testing and try something fun with something completely unrelated to Thanksgiving. Whisk the tomato paste with the cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and stir in the thyme, marjoram, oregano, and chile-garlic sauce.
Chicken with Tomato Cream Sauce step by step
- Finely chop the garlic. Thinly slice the onion. Cut the chicken diagonally into large pieces. Trim off the hard stem end of the shimeji mushrooms and break them apart with your hands..
- Put the chicken, sake, salt and pepper in a plastic bag, and massage the marinade into the chicken. (This is a tip to make the chicken tender!!) Rest in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes..
- Add the cake flour into the bag to coat the chicken..
- Heat vegetable oil (not listed on the ingredient list) and the garlic in a frying pan until aromatic. Put the chicken from Step 2 in the pan to stir fry..
- When both sides are cooked until golden brown, add the onion and shimeji mushrooms. Stir fry briefly. Add the canned whole tomatoes and mash them while stir frying..
- Add the ingredients marked ◯ in the pan. Stir fry until the ingredients are mixed well. Add the heavy cream and simmer..
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes and serve in a bowl. Garnish with parsley or grated cheese if you like..
Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken, and stir the sauce in the skillet to dissolve the butter, juices, and browned flavor bits into the sauce. Add chicken to the skillet and lightly toss with tomatoes. Pour the sauce over the chicken and lightly stir all ingredients together. When the sauce has thickened, remove from the flame, add the butter and whisk until it melts completely. With the skillet off the flame, add the heavy cream, whisk to combine.