Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes. Mix in the sun-dried tomato pesto, roasted peppers, basil, and cayenne pepper; simmer over low heat for. Add sun-dried tomatoes and shallots to the pan. Increase heat to high and add wine.
We like a lot of sauce, so my only change was to halve the amount of chicken for the full amount of sauce. Served with a wild rice/quinoa blend so it soaked up all the great sauce. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. You can have Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
- You need 1 lb. of chicken breast or thighs-boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 TBS. of butter or olive oil.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 12 oz. of jar of sundried tomatoes, with oil drained.
- Prepare TBS. of dried oregano or Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper,.
Heat oil from sun dried tomat jar in a large skillet over high heat. Remove onto a plate, keep warm. Julianne the sun-dried tomatoes and place the tomatoes and the oil they came in into a mixing bowl (or a gallon zip-lock bag). Slice lemon thinly and add it to the tomatoes.
Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes instructions
- In a skillet, brown the chicken in melted butter on medium-high heat for apx. 3-4 minutes each side. Remove chicken to a plate..
- Lower to medium heat and add minced garlic to the skillet and stir until translucent..
- Add to the skillet the sundried tomatoes (drained), oregano or Italian seasoning, grated cheese, chicken broth, heavy cream and salt and pepper. Let simmer over medium heat for about 2 minutes, until it begins to thicken. Scrape up the bits from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and continue simmering until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees, about 15-20 minutes..
- Serve over rice, pasta or with potatoes!.
Add minced basil, salt, and pepper to the tomatoes as well. Return chicken to pan and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Top with cracked black pepper, grated. Gradually whisk in chicken stock, half and half and sun dried tomatoes. I don't know about you, but one thing we nearly always have in the freezer, or can easily pick up from the store, is a few chicken breasts.