Creamy Pesto Fettuccine. Increase the heat to medium high and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add one cup of pasta water and one cup of milk. Add finely grated parmesan cheese in small batches, whisking until smooth after each addition.
With processor still on pour oil in through the tube in a steady stream till all the oil is used. Cook fettuccine in salted boiling water to your taste. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions. You can have Creamy Pesto Fettuccine using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Fettuccine
- You need 1 box of Fettuccine.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Homemade or prepared pesto sauce. ( I used Classico brand).
- It’s 3 clove of Crushed garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sun-dried tomatoes Chopped..
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Pasta water ( as needed).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Shaved Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 of Very thinly slice chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of Salt pepper ,Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder to taste.
- You need 1 of Fresh chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of At this point you can stop or you can add some additional vegetables if you choose. I actually added about six raw blue lake green beans cut into thirds and three stocks of raw asparagus also cut into thirds.
Creamy Pesto Pasta recipe notes: If fresh basil is not readily available for making the homemade pesto, there are a couple of pre-made options that will work well in a pinch. Chicken, shrimp or broccoli can easily be added to the this recipe by cooking them in the same pan in a bit of olive oil prior to cooking the pesto sauce. Add cream and mix in pesto. Transfer to serving plate and with cherry tomato and few caramelized onions.
Creamy Pesto Fettuccine instructions
- First thing you want to do is start your pasta water to boiling. Add a good amount of salt to your pasta water as it boils..
- Next season your chicken breast with the dry seasonings coat well on both sides.
- Next you want to sauté the chicken breast in the olive oil and garlic until completely cooked through. Remove chicken from oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Use your remaining oil to sauté your vegetables..
- Next you want to add your heavy cream to your vegetables / olive oil and reduce your heat to a slow simmer. At this point if your sauce becomes too thick add the pasta water to thin it out..
- Next you want to add The prepared or homemade pesto sauce and mix until well Incorporated. Add 3 tablespoons of your Parmesan cheese..
- OK now that your pasta is done use a slotted spoon and remove your pasta. Place into A large serving dish or individual bowls however you wish to serve it. Poor or spoon portion size sauce over your pasta. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and the fresh parsley..
Sprinkle additional parmesan on top if needed. Serve this delicious sauce over your favorite pasta for a quick, delectable meal. Do NOT substitute half-and-half for the heavy cream if you want a thick sauce. If half-and-half is used, the sauce will only be half as thick as it would if heavy cream. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.