Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell. We provide you only the best Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try. Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell Before you jump to Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Dollars.
Cut slits to allow steam to escape. Stir in chicken, peas, corn and potato-carrot mixture; remove from heat. Unroll remaining crusts; place over filling. You can make Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell using 32 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell
- It’s 1 pound of chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili infusedcolive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sriracha seasoning.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, thin sliced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots, thin sliced.
- It’s 8 ounces of small white mushrooms halved.
- You need 2 of jalapenos, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil, I used chili infused.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dryed thyme.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dryed rosemary.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 3 of tablesppon all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of rich chicken stock, homemade is best.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon luice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of thin sliced green onions.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of green onion, sliced.
- You need of For Potatos.
- Prepare 4-6 of large russet potatoes, baked tender.
- It’s of oil for frying.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of fresh grated romano cheese do sprinklinh.
- It’s of ToGarnush.
- You need as needed of sliced green onions.
- You need as needed of chopped parsley.
- You need as needed of cherry tomatos.
Mash with a potato masher and then add the pepper and the milk. Stir in half the scallions and set aside. Chicken pot pie remains one of the most comforting dinners of all time. With a delicious, savory filling of juicy chicken, tender vegetables, and a creamy gravy enclosed in a double-layer of flaky pie crust, it's really no wonder this dish has stood the test of time.
Chicken Pot Pie in a Crispy Potato Shell instructions
- This makes 4 to 6 individual baked potato pot pies or 1 9 inch cake pan sized, top crust only one. Preheat the oven t00. 4oo Spray your pot pie pans with min stick spray if making the cake pan..
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, sriracha, spur cream and pepper.
- Add chicken and marinate 10 to 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook tenders just until cooked tgrough. Remove to a plate,.
- Add onion, celery, carrot,jalapeno, garlic and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper the th yme and rosemary. Cover and cook unti tender.
- Remove cover and add butter, melt then stir in flour cook stirring 2 minutes on low.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer, cool 15 minutes at a low simmer stirringboften, add cream and lemon and cook 5 minutes or until desired thickness..
- Remove from heat and add chicken, parsley and green onions.
- Make Potato Shells.
- Scoop out potato pulp carefully from potato leaving a sturdy shell. (use potato pulp for another use).
- Heat oil in a pot deep enough to cover potato to 350. Fry 1 to 2 at a time until crisp and golden. Drain on a rack, season with.salt, pepper and romano cheese. I also fry the tops to serve on the side, they are crispy and delicious!.
- Fill hot potato shells with hot pot pie and serve, garnished with green onions, parsley and cherry tomatoes.
If you're looking for a foolproof, homemade chicken pot pie recipe you've come to the right place. I mixed the eggs with half of the salt and pepper, then blended the hash browns into the mixture, carefully coating them in egg. Most pot pies are made with pastry dough as the crust. And while I understand that some faux pot pie use bread crumbs as the top "crust", I don't that's what the OP is talking about. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.