Potato Bites. Roll balls in bread crumbs to coat, then dip into egg mixture and coat again with bread crumbs. Drain, then rinse under cold water. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Pour olive oil& melted butter into ovenproof dish. Toss diced potatoes in oil& butter. Toss mixture til potatoes are covered in cheese& bread crumbs. You can make Potato Bites using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Potato Bites
- It’s of POTATOS.
- It’s 18 of to 20 small golf ball sized red potatos..
- It’s 1/4 cup of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- You need 2 tbsp of sharp cheddar,cheese, shredded.
- You need 2 tbsp of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter, salted or unsalted at room temperature.
- You need 1/4 cup of romano cheese, grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian four cheese blend, shredded.
- You need 4 of slices of bacon, cooked until very crisp, drained and crumbled.
- It’s 2 of sliced green onions.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of FRYING.
- Prepare of canola or peanut oil for frying, about 4 cups.
- You need of TOPPINGS.
- You need 1/4 lb of sliced italian four cheese blend.
- You need 1 of recipe roasted jalapenos, recipe attached in direction step #5.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of or more sour cream.
This potato bites recipe loaded with sour cream, scallions, bacon, and cheddar is the perfect year-round appetizer. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, Parmesan and sour cream until blended. In a large bowl, toss the potato rounds in olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder, and toss until evenly coated.
Potato Bites instructions
- Preheat oven to 425. Prick potatoes with a skewer and place on baking pan in single layer and bake until tender about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. The cooler they are the easier to hollow them out..
- Carefully cut thin slice of top of potatoes and scoop out as much potatoes pulp as possible but leaving a sturdy shell. Put potato pulp in a bowl and mash with cream, cheeses, pepper, green onion,butter, garlic, and cajun seasoning fold in bacon.
- In a Dutch oven or deep heavy pan heat oil to 350. Fry hollowed out potatoes shells until golden and crisp.about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not crowd.. Remove to a rack to drain..
- Fill each potato with mashed potatoes mixture..Put a piece of the sliced four cheese blend on top..
- Top.the cheese with a slice or piece of the roasted jalapeno. Recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350333-roasted-parmesan-garlic-jalapeno-rounds (see recipe).
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray a baking pan large enough to hold potatoes in one layer.. Place filled potatoes on prepared pan and bake until hot about 15 to 18 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream.
I love potatoes. . .red skin, mashed, sweet, and of course, fried! When deciding on an appetizer for the Breakstone's Recipe Contest, I wanted to stay simple, but put a modern and elegant twist on a familiar ingredient; thus the idea of Mini Potato Bites was formed. Potato Bites are a mini version of twice-baked potatoes. Mini Potato Bites are so fantastically simple and delicious, and are a go-to appetizer when I need something that satisfies everyone. Mini potato bites are a great recipe for busy moms and dads who are looking for a quick, easy, and kid-friendly (yet tasty and satisfying to adults, too!) finger food for a party or holiday gathering. mini potato bites for parties I love making these cute mini.