Aloo crispies. It has a nice crispy outer layer and is soft from inside. Plus, with its lip-smacking taste this dish is all about indulgence. Aloo fry, or potato fry is the perfect skillet potatoes for your next meal.
I made that mistake when posting this perfectly crispy skillet aloo fry in my Instagram stories. Method for making Aloo fry recipe. Heat oil in a cooking vessel. You can make Aloo crispies using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Aloo crispies
- It’s 3-4 of Potatoes (peeled and cut into thick bite size pieces).
- It’s 2 tbsps of corn flour or singhada flour,if making for vrat.
- You need of Oil to deep fry.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1.1/2 tsp of Amchor(dry mango) powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dry mint powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander leaves and green chillies to garnish.
- Prepare to taste of Sendha namak(salt).
Once the oil turns hot, add the mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and mix. Aloo Tikki is a popular Indian street food. This recipe is perfect for teatime snack, light lunch or appetizer.
Aloo crispies instructions
- Peel & prick the potatoesApply Sendha namak(salt)and keep aside for 10 minute.Add corn flour or singhada flour and mix well..
- Heat the oil and deep fry the potatoes on a slow flame until the potatoes become soft not brown take out from the oil..
- Place each potato on a flat surface & press slightly with a palm of the hand to flatten it without breaking..
- Just before serving reheat the oil & deep fry the potatoes until crisp & golden brown Remove from the oil and keep on paper towel in a broad flat dish..
- Mix together all the dry spices (red chilli powder, mint powder, & mango powder) and toss the potatoes from both sides in this spice mix immediately. Check the salt add as required..
- To serve as snack arrange on a serving platter, garnish with coriander leaves and green chillies & serve hot..
These tantalizing spicy potato cakes are crispy and super delicious. Aloo tikki is a popular Indian street food snack made with boiled potatoes, aromatic spices and herbs. Aloo is the Hindi name for potatoes and tikki is a patty. So aloo tikki literally translates to potato patties. These Indian style potato patties are delicious, crisp and flavorful as a good amount of spices and herbs are used.