Bacon and Egg Fried Rice. Add bacon to the wok and allow it to render down and become crisp. Once the bacon is done, take it out of the wok and set aside, along with the scrambled eggs. Add the diced onion to the wok and stir-fry until translucent.
Heat the oil in your wok over medium heat and add beaten eggs. Gently scramble the eggs, remove from the wok, and set aside. (When we were cooking the recipe, we forgot until last minute to scramble the eggs, which is why they're in a separate pan in the photo below.) Leave the bacon fat in the wok. Add the diced onion to the wok and stir-fry until translucent. You can have Bacon and Egg Fried Rice using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon and Egg Fried Rice
- Prepare 1 of heaping cup of refrigerated old rice.
- Prepare 2-3 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of medium clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Use your spatula to flatten out and break up any clumps. Add the salt, sugar, soy sauce, and pepper. Give everything a good stir for another minute or so. Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice.
Bacon and Egg Fried Rice instructions
- Because the rice had been in the fridge, it clumps. Take some rice in your hands and try to separate the grains by rubbing your hands gently. Repeat until all grains are relatively loose..
- Crack an egg into a bowl. Add some salt and pepper. Incorporate white and yoke well. Set aside..
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Put a frying pan on medium heat. Cook bacon until golden brown. Turn down heat, add minced garlic. Stir for 5 seconds. Turn back heat to medium, add rice and stir for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Make a well in the middle, pour egg in, scramble the egg (do not mix rice at this time) for 3 seconds. Then mix rice and egg together, add some salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat..
- Put on plate. Sprinkle some green onion on top..
- Enjoy a frugal, quick and yummy (bacon is in it! Remember?) meal..
Gently scramble the eggs, remove from the wok. add the bacon to the wok and allow it to render down and become crisp. Leave the bacon fat in the wok. Add the green peas, egg and bacon. Add the peas, carrots and scallions and stir to combine, then stir in the rice and soy sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, then return the bacon and eggs to the skillet and stir to combine.