shrimp alfredo w/ pasta. This easy shrimp Alfredo pasta recipe is the perfect fast weeknight dinner that's tasty enough for company! Tender shrimp and fettuccine pasta are smothered in an amazing creamy garlic sauce. It took me a few tries before I was confident in sharing this shrimp fettuccine Alfredo recipe.
Add the cooked vegetables and shrimp and toss to combine. Adjust the consistency of the Alfredo sauce with more pasta cooking water, if needed. Fettuccine alfredo is one of life's greatest comfort foods. You can have shrimp alfredo w/ pasta using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of shrimp alfredo w/ pasta
- Prepare 1 quart of heavy cream.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 lb of pasta (of choice).
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of shrimp.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt & white pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine (optional).
- You need 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1/2 oz of butter.
It's creamy, cheesy, carb-y, and super super flavorful. There should still be a bit of firmness in the center of your. The shrimp and mushrooms are great, leave out the bell peppers and Alfredo sauce substitute with just minced garlic and butter for the pasta. Penne pasta, shrimp, vegetables, and a creamy alfredo?
shrimp alfredo w/ pasta step by step
- 1. boil pasta till aldente. strain, and set aside to cool. (mix cooked pasta with a little olive oil to prevent from sticking).
- 2.heat half of butter in a saute pan. add garlic to hot pan and saute about 30 seconds making sure not to burn..
- 3. add white wine to pan and reduce by half. (about 2 min) if not using white wine skip step..
- 4. add heavy cream and reduce on medium heat until cream is thick. (around 20 min. cream will coat the back of spoon).
- 5. reduce heat to low and add rest of butter. when the butter is melted add the parmesan cheese and stir vigorously until it is incorporated in the sauce..
- 6. taste sauce and add salt/white pepper as needed..
- 7. add shrimp and let cook on low heat stirring occasionally about (8 min). shrimp is done once it turns pink..
Everyone LOVES this garlic shrimp alfredo penne! How do you make shrimp alfredo pasta? Saute some veggies in a little butter and olive oil, add in the shrimp – cook that for a bit and then…. Heat Rao's alfredo sauce in the microwave. A longer answer, Alfredo is butter and Parmigiano Reggiano, none of their flavors mix well with shrimp.