Shrimp, Egg and Pea fried rice. Leave for another minute, or until cooked through. Just before eggs are done, add frozen peas. For this Shrimp Fried Rice with Peas and Eggs, all the main ingredients are in the title.
Eggs add texture, color, and nutrition, complementing the fried rice. day old white rice. If you want to use fresh, use only white basmati • eggs, beaten • frozen peas and carrots blend • soy sauce, you may add more to your taste but dish may get salty • green onions sliced on a bias • creamy peanut butter. Beat one of the eggs in a small bowl and salt lightly. You can have Shrimp, Egg and Pea fried rice using 14 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Shrimp, Egg and Pea fried rice
- You need of shrimps.
- It’s 1/2 lb of shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil (or oil of your choosing).
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s of main.
- You need 1 large of mild chili.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen press.
- It’s 4 large of eggs (beaten).
- It’s 3/4 tsp of kosher salt (less of regular salt).
- Prepare 2 cup of Just made, or cold left over rice.
- You need of ground black pepper.
Swirl in the pan until the egg forms an even coat, like a thin pancake. Beat one of the eggs in a small bowl and salt lightly. Let it scramble a bit and break it into smaller pieces. Add rice to the wok, and return shrimp to the wok.
Shrimp, Egg and Pea fried rice instructions
- Get your rice going if making fresh. If using left over, leave it in the refrigerator, cold rice breaks up easier..
- Frozen or fresh shrimp can be used. If frozen, thaw per package directions. If fresh, peel and devein the shrimp. I used frozen, peeled and cooked here. I hate cleaning shrimp!.
- Mix your shrimps ingredients in a bowl..
- Mix well, cover, let sit out for 10 minutes..
- Slice pepper into strips and mince your garlic.
- Spray or oil a wok/stir-fry/skillet and set to high heat.
- Add your shrimp to hot pan in a single layer. Leave alone for a minute..
- Flip each shrimp over. Leave for another minute, or until cooked through.
- Remove to clean plate/bowl for now.
- Re-oil pan, add pepper, fry for one minute, add garlic, fry for about 30 seconds, remove to shrimps plate/bowl.
- Turn heat down to medium-high. Add eggs, salt and pepper. Keep eggs moving..
- Just before eggs are done, add frozen peas. Keep it all moving..
- At this point a little extra oil, or butter will give it some extra flavor and moisten the rice, if you desire. 1-2 Tbl. is good. Or leave it as is. I left this one as is, but my wife said it needed some butter..
- Add rice (2 cups seems about right).
- Stir until rice is mixed in and heated through. I like to turn the heat down to medium at this point, takes a couple extra minutes, but seems to limit scorching of bits here and there..
- Add your shrimp, pepper and garlic back in.
- Stir for about 3 minutes, until it is mixed well, and all is heated through. I also put another grind of black pepper in..
- Serve. You can garnish with chopped green onion, cilantro or parsley (I was out, but like green onions).
Add the green onions, and the five spice powder and soy sauce to taste. Stir to fry the rice and combine the seasonings. Add vegetable oil if you need more oil. Wash and rinse your shrimp and set to the side. Cook your white rice as directed, set to the side.